Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Gamer Stereotypes

Featured Replies

It's article time! I'm going to be doing an article on Gamer Stereotypes and would like some opinions from all of you. Remember, your gamertag will be tied to your opinions in the internet forever! :P

So, what do you guys think? Are stereotypes correct, are they a big deal to you, do you think fall under a gamer stereotype, etc....

Spanks in advance for you input!

the specific reason i cancelled oxm and never looked at another issue was because they had some "how to get laid" ad in the back. i found it very insulting. save that **** for hustler. gamers get laid.

I talk so much trash on Xbox but it's because if I wreck people I can't help it but to shut them up. Harsh, yes but I gotta play the game. I don't like it but I gotta stand my ground. Sterotypes will never go away and there's plenty of those. If you're 25-40 you live with you mom or dad in the basement. 40+ you're too old. 11-17, shouldn't you be sleeping or at school? Lastly, 18-24 did your mommy and daddy buy you that?

Am I right?

I honestly think that the stereotype thing is over. Games have breached all strata of social rank and overcome the nerdy basement geek label. I really do think that those that cling to the stereotype angle are behind the curve and risk looking dated.

I fall into the age category where everyone thinks my parents bought me my Xbox, and all of my games. But that's far from true. Everything Xbox related, I saved up for and bought with my own money. Also, it irritates me when people judge me on Live based on my age. Sure, most people my age may be cursing up a storm and spitting out racial slurs, but I don't. I just don't think it's cool. Haha. I'm 18 by the way.

Sterotyping sometimes generally true, of course should not label all gamer that way.

I've slowly been getting out of gaming, I'm part of the college crowd I guess who plays COD still and Halo with friends on weekends or occasionally online but rarely buy new games anymore. Skyrim will change that though lol

I hate the stereotype that gaming is a waste of time. It may not be a stereotype, but I hear it from lots of people. They like to play games but then they feel like they've wasted time for some reason. Sunny day? Spent it playing a game? So, feel bad about it? Stop feeling bad! It's your time and if you prefer gaming to relaxing in the sun then who cares? Just because it's a game you're not wasting your time.

I hate the stereotype that gaming is a waste of time. It may not be a stereotype, but I hear it from lots of people. They like to play games but then they feel like they've wasted time for some reason. Sunny day? Spent it playing a game? So, feel bad about it? Stop feeling bad! It's your time and if you prefer gaming to relaxing in the sun then who cares? Just because it's a game you're not wasting your time.

-tu

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.