Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

James Franco To Play Kaneda?

Featured Replies

As some of you may know, or maybe not, they are making a live action Americanized version of Akira. Albert Hughes (The Book of Eli) is set to direct, but the big rumor is that James Franco would be playing Kaneda. Thoughts on this?

Source

  • Author

I'm honestly not clear on what they are basing the film off of. Is it the 6 graphic novels or the anime. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly there were some differences between the 2. I just hope they stick close to the source material (Either of them) and don't, for lack of a better way to put it, whitewash the entire thing.

I really dig Franco as an actor and think he will do well. Let's hope they get someone of the same caliber for Tetsuo.

You do realize we're talking about Hollywood right? If there is a chance for them to FUBAR it, it will happen.

I'll wait till I find out more about the movie and script before making a decision though, but my experiences from the past have me doubting.

I suppose it could work. I'm always leary of live action transitions from manga/anime. *points to the abyssmal live action DragonBall movie*

Have you ever seen the fist of the north star live action movie??? compared to that, DBZ was a great movie that followed the manga truthfully

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.