February 9, 201115 yr comment_30423 True Crime is no longer. Forget about any sequels for that series. Guitar Hero will only be DLC now. They're also cutting some jobs. No mention of how many jobs, though. Report
February 9, 201115 yr comment_30424 Guitar Hero will only be DLC now.It's about time that happened, in my opinion. Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30426 I agree. Way to many Guitar Hero games and Rock Band for that matter. I like Rock Band, but I don't think we need x amount of version out. Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30433 From what little I saw of the new True Crime, it looked like it could have been a pretty good game, and it seemed like it was past the point of being canned and not to far off from being finished. Guitar Hero, was bound to happen. They should have just gone with Harmonix did with less disk based games and lots more DLC. Report
February 10, 201115 yr Author comment_30439 Oh, wow."We will release the previously announced DLC track and mix packs for February, but we will not be able to release new DLC packs"https://twitter.com/#!/GuitarHero/status/35522467820736512 Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30440 Maybe they should quit ripping people off with DLC and more people will buy from them. Report
February 10, 201115 yr Author comment_30442 I have a feeling True Crime will get picked up by another publisher, and Acti will try suing. Same thing they did with Brutal Legend. Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30443 I really hope it does, it looks like a totally competent game. Also, for Tony Hawk, that's been long past due, I'm pretty sure almost nobody knew when the last game came out, which was another one using that stupid board controller. Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30446 They should make a classic Tony Hawk game. I loved those games. Really surprised by them just dropping Guitar Hero though. They ran it into the ground with so many releases of it. I wonder if Call of Duty will follow suit. From an article I read on it they are playing to make CoD a "digital community". Which what I get from it will be a paid service. Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30450 If they make COD pay to play... they have just sold their last COD game to me. Report
February 10, 201115 yr Author comment_30461 While Activision yesterday axed the Guitar Hero series and promising open-world game True Crime: Hong Kong, it also announced a number of new games, including a free-to-play Call of Duty title for China and multiple licensed properties."We're developing a free-to-play micro-transaction based Call of Duty title for the exploding market in China," Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said."This effort, although not slated for this year, has tremendous potential in its own right, but will also offer learnings that we can use throughout our organisation.Read on for Bakugan and other stuff lolhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/288258/news/activision-announces-new-call-of-duty-licensed-games-more/ Report
February 10, 201115 yr comment_30465 "We're developing a free-to-play micro-transaction based Call of Duty title for the exploding market in China," Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said."This effort, although not slated for this year, has tremendous potential in its own right, but will also offer learnings that we can use throughout our organisation.Translation:We're making an online Call of Duty which we have no idea how it's going to work, so we're going to test out the crappy version on the Chinese people so we can at least make some money,Our efforts, which may or may not work, will give us the tools to completely RAPE our capitalist brethern when we release the actual game worldwide.*rubbing hands together* Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.