Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sony – “Psp2 Is As Powerful As A Ps3″

Featured Replies

Sony-PSP2.jpg

<br>

<br>

In a rather bold statement by Sony about the successor to their handheld device, the PSP, Sony claims that the PSP2 “is as powerful as the PS3″.

In a report by MCV,  Sony dropped details on the PSP2 as “having HD screen with twin control sticks in the familiar brick form factor” and MCV is claiming that “there is potential for a phone to be included”. More details will be coming on January 27, as Sony prepares an announcement about the handheld for GDC.

A mini handheld portable version of the PS3 would be great, but claims and facts are two separate things.  Let’s see what the future holds Sony before jumping to conclusions.

<br>

via MCV

<br>

View the full article

I REALLY hope that it doesn't look like that. I truly do. It's atrocious. I hate the recessed analog sticks and the whole thing just looks like a piece of crap.

They totally should have made something more like the original fan mock-up.

500xpsp2.jpg

There is no possible way they could make a hand held device right now that is as powerful as the PS3. Don't get me wrong I sure hand helds will get that powerful soon but I can't see it happening. Of course I back this up with absolutely no knowledge of any kind. I am pretty excited about the announcement.

having a smaller screen, with a lower resolution, technically could match performace and "looks" of the PS3 eventually.

I have hopes for it. Having seen what the PSP can do (i.e. Peacewalker, FF Crisis Core, etc), I can only imagine how much it will progress. I mean crap, look at what the 3DS can pull off. Did you see the trailers for the new Resident Evil!?

Crap. I look at what the PS1 and how it progressed. My grandmother bought the system for us and got us two games. I don't remember what the other one was, but I distinctly remember my first PS1 RPG.

beyondthebeyondps1us.jpg

It wasn't flashy, but it was amazing when compared to the previous generation of games. Playstation went on to bigger and better things. Like ANY system, the first series of games that are released for the system aren't taking advantadge of the full processing power. The longer a system is out, the more the developers are able to take advantadge of the system's processing.

The same can be said for the upcoming PSP2. Early games won't show their full potential.

If the 3DS is ANYTHING to go by, having seen gameplay and screenshots of EARLY release games, the PSP2 may have some huge shoes to grow into IMHO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.