January 4, 201115 yr comment_26812 In what could be one of the either worst or smartest moves in online video game history, all signs are pointing to the fact that within a few months Activision might be introducing a stand alone version of Call of Duty for pay to play online multiplayer use only.According to statements made by analysts Wedbush Securities, they expect this to occur in “first quarter of 2011″.“Activision remains a top pick, primarily due to the company’s potential to create and monetize a second tier of multiplayer online gaming for its Call of Duty franchise…We expect this to occur during the first quarter of 2011.”No official comment has come from Activision’s camp, but gamers have expressed outrage and interest in this announcement across the internet including on the boards at SherDog.net.via SherDogView the full article Report
January 5, 201115 yr comment_26824 If they do this as a online only disc and then have one with the campaign as well,it might work if they are different prices. Report
January 5, 201115 yr comment_26847 If I already to pay to access online activity with XBL, I'm not going to pay to play something different. It's bad enough EA is doing something along the lines of this if you buy their games used and want to play online.But....what matters here is that there will be people who will say "I am not going to pay extra to play online" and then they will in the end. The only way things will change is if we make it change. Report
January 5, 201115 yr comment_26859 A FPS would have to offer an awful lot, including some damn fine dedicated server hosting by the company to be pay to play. Report
January 5, 201115 yr comment_26864 No.I already avoid MMOs, looks like I'm going to start avoiding some shooters now, too. Guess it's good that I've converted to PC where it's usually free to play online *fledgeling PC elitist * Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.