December 16, 201015 yr comment_25616 Square Enix has decided to delay the release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the ambitious cyberpunk shooter in development at Eidos Montréal. Originally scheduled for the first quarter of 2011, the Deus Ex launch has been pushed into the Japanese publisher's next fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012. According to a corporate announcement, the delay will allow Eidos more time to "further polish" the project.The demand for greater quality isn't unprompted, as the news came alongside a revision to the company's consolidated results forecast for the fiscal year ending MArch 31, 2011. Forecast net sales were lowered from 160 billion yen to 130 billion, and operating income is expected to drop from 20 billion yen to 8 billion. Square Enix blamed weak sales performance from console games and "harsh market feedback" regarding a key title.The title in question may be the lambasted MMO Final Fantasy XIV, which triggered a dramatic reorganization in development staff and an indefinite delay for the PlayStation 3 version. [source - Joystiq] Report
December 20, 201015 yr comment_25886 Man...When I heard the news of the delay I was really annoyed, but still somewhat optimistic. Final Fantasy XIV was a pile of crap, so it makes sense, from a development, and business standpoint, to hold Deus Ex back, since it is arguably their best looking title coming out next year. If that delay doesn't push it too far, and they use the time to polish the title, more power to them. I do hope that it turns out great, as Deus Ex is a series I would like to see return to it's former glory. Regardless, I look forward to it, whenever it releases, but preferably soon. Report
December 20, 201015 yr Author comment_25888 I hope they polish up the turrets and robots. They look odd to me. Kind of Portal-esque. I agree, though. I want Deus Ex to return to its glory as well. Damn fine series of games. Report
December 20, 201015 yr comment_25892 If it's polished and they take their time to make it as flawless as they can, GREAT!!I'd much rather play a game where they knowlingly took the time to make it the best product possible, rather than pay good money for a game that's only 60%.Though gorramit, patience is a pain in the arse. Report
December 20, 201015 yr Author comment_25893 Buy The Deus Ex CollectionIncludes 2 items: Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War $2.99!!!http://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/Sale ends soon. Something to get you by until the new one releases. lol Report
December 21, 201015 yr comment_25910 I bought the pack for $2.99. Can't resist that crap and those games were/are awesome. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.