Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mortal Mistake? – Best Buy, GameStop, and Amazon to Have Exclusive Fatalities for Mortal Kombat

Featured Replies

17a054f5.jpgMortal Kombat fans everywhere might not be saying “Finish Him” with their favorite characters from the fatality happy game, Mortal Kombat.

Warner Bros. announced today that Best Buy, GameStop, and Amazon will be getting their own special editions of the upcoming Mortal Kombat.  Both stores will have their own exclusive fatalities that you will not be able to get anywhere else, in game or at another store and the characters that it will effect are some of the most popular out of the Mortal Kombat series..

One of the fatalities that will only be available with Best Buy’s version is Sub Zero’s Spine Rip.  You will also be able to get Sub Zero’s “Klassic Sub Zero” skin from Best Buy.

On GameStop’s end, you’ll have access to Scorpion’s original fatality, along with his “Klassic Scorpion” skin.

If you are a fan of Reptile, you’ll want to preorder from Amazon.  Amazon’s version will allow you to have Reptile’s original fatality and his “Klassic Reptile” skin.

Do not get discouraged though.  Each character will have fatalities wherever you choose to purchase the game according to Ed Boon, the creator of Mortal Kombat stated after a warcry was sent to Ed Boon from Mortal Kombat fans everywhere.

What Ed Boon doesn’t get though is that they took the most popular fatalities out of the game and made them exclusive.  Down right stupid if you ask me.  How do you feel?

via The Escapist

View the full article

This is stupid .. my exclusive fatality move will be not to by this game. I wonder about renting through things like Gamefly or Blockbuster which fatalities you'll be able to have.

Tmy exclusive fatality move will be not to by this game.

Lols!

Your last part.....everybody else will have two fatalities for each character, however the popular ones mentioned above will not be available unless you buy from one of those stores.

I do smell some DLC coming later though.

Lols!

Your last part.....everybody else will have two fatalities for each character, however the popular ones mentioned above will not be available unless you buy from one of those stores.

I do smell some DLC coming later though.

About 8 years ago when I used to play Medal of Honor Allied Assault a LOT online, I actually found a clan server were you had to go to there website and buy ammo.

Anyway, i'm not really a fan of MK(or fighting games in general), but this seems really, really messed up.

Does anyone know WHERE Gamefly gets it's game library from for rentals? .. it's a stupid mistake to do this since the Mortal Kombat series usually doesn't sell very well these days.

There needs to be a clear shot across the bow of all game developers. That we're all sick and tired of exclusive content from different stores. It's getting to the point, that we'll never be able to fully own all the content on the retail discs we purchase.

The only language they understand, is money. Don't buy this and other games that cheat you out of your content you've purchased.

It's getting to the point, that we'll never be able to fully own all the content on the retail discs we purchase.

Didn't you hear PK? We don't "own" anything. We're only purchasing a "license" to use the software itself according to recent Supreme Court decisions. But that is a whole other story in itself.

I 100% agree with you though bro.

If we're only purchasing a license, I want a paper receipt of my transaction. In that receipt, I want it all laid out what I am purchasing, how long it's good for and any other information I may need.

When I make a digital purchase, those things are more clear, and they're not even something you can hold in your hand. Why should it be any different for something tangible.

Also, how I do extend that license to someone, if I re-sell my license? Does Gamestop take trade ins of licenses? lol

If we're only purchasing a license, I want a paper receipt of my transaction. In that receipt, I want it all laid out what I am purchasing, how long it's good for and any other information I may need.

When I make a digital purchase, those things are more clear, and they're not even something you can hold in your hand. Why should it be any different for something tangible.

Also, how I do extend that license to someone, if I re-sell my license? Does Gamestop take trade ins of licenses? lol

Who knows, but as the Supreme Court ruled in the case of a man re-selling some business software that he legally purchased and were all un-opened, he was not allowed to re-sell those copies. The court sided with the software creators that the man had no rights to re-sell and simply had licenses to use them and those are non-transferable as outlined in the EULAs (which themselves aren't seen until you OPEN AND INSTALL the software).

Activists are worried that this will spill over into video games and music, even books and the like if it gets out of hand.

It was a poor ruling if you ask me.

Who knows, but as the Supreme Court ruled in the case of a man re-selling some business software that he legally purchased and were all un-opened, he was not allowed to re-sell those copies. The court sided with the software creators that the man had no rights to re-sell and simply had licenses to use them and those are non-transferable as outlined in the EULAs (which themselves aren't seen until you OPEN AND INSTALL the software).

Activists are worried that this will spill over into video games and music, even books and the like if it gets out of hand.

It was a poor ruling if you ask me.

Yep. I posted about this a while back. The beginning of the end. I'm pretty sure it was AutoCAD or something like that. Very poor ruling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.