Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Good Thing We Didn't Review Epic Mickey

Featured Replies

Seems Warren Spector has come out to defend his game's reportedly bad camera.

Read about it at Joystiq.

You really shot yourself in the foot with this one -- "If reviewers want to give us a hard time about it because they're misunderstanding the game we made, it's not for me to tell them that they're wrong,".

On the plus side, you and Nintendo are getting tons of free press right now.

While the camera is bad, but it's not the worst camera ever in a game as everyone would make you believe. I am actually enjoying the game quite a bit.

  • Author

I don't know enough about the camera to make a judgment. I do dislike developers coming out, saying that reviewers got it wrong. It was a bit of a hard pill to swallow for me. I've respected Warren Spector for a long time. If a reviewer is having problems with the camera in a 3D platform type game, then they have to mention that.

I'd give it a little more time in the hopes he'll change his statement. Everyone can let their emotions get the better of them sometimes and speak hot hotheadedly.

This is the truth. It happens to everyone.

I don't know if Warren will reverse course on this though.

  • 2 weeks later...

He probably won't make another statement retracting it. Although you never know.

I was thinking of getting Epic Mickey, but I'm not so sure now. Its reception is certainly more mixed than I'd have hoped for.

  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Very rarely do bad camera angles really break games, it's just something reviewers like to nit pick about when they can't find any genuine problems with the title. If a camera is bad, in most all cases it can be worked around. I played the game for a few hours and if there were issues with the games camera, they certainly weren't apparent to a degree where the game was unplayable. I'm with the developers on this one. Alot of people said the same thing about the original Resident Evil games, so I almost never take a reviewer at face value when speaking about bad camera angles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.