Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Just Got A Droid X

Featured Replies

I am so confuzzled by this monstrosity of a device.

I went from a Verizon EnV2 phone to this thing. It's going to take a loooooong time to get used to. Any good free apps I should get right away?

Can you watch Netflix streaming on this thing? (I was told you could).

Any advice? I have a nice leather kickstand case and the cool matte finish screen protectors.

Gtunes - Free music app. DRM-free MP3's. There hasn't been a song I couldn't find yet.

Astro - File manager. It organizes your files similar to windows.

Ringdroid - Make your own ring tones from any MP3 you have on your SD card.

Droidlight - Uses your LED flash as a steady light source.

Angry Birds - Great little grab and go game. You can play for five minutes or a couple of hours, it saves all your progress as you go.

That should get you started. Those are all free. There are a ton of free apps available. MWB might be along in a bit. He's been hitting the Droid forums and found a ton of cool stuff. I have the Droid and it won't play Netflix...yet. Dunno about the Droid X.

  • Author

Yeah I had already downloaded Pandora and Angry Birds (haven't tried it yet). Just got it last night so I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it. Also downloaded MSN's messenger program so I can keep on using that for contacts/MS Xperts/etc.

Right on. Out of those apps I mentioned, make sure you at least download Gtunes. It's the ****.

  • Author

Yah but you buy them with Gtunes right? I like Pandora a lot since I can just type in an artist and listen to random music. Helps me find new stuff I've never heard too. :)

Listening to some RATM here at work by myself on the Droid at the moment since it's not busy.

Yah but you buy them with Gtunes right?

No dude. The app is free and the music is free. :o

Jetvd- rip youtube.

Youtube app

Pdanet- use 3g for your pc to get online

Tunein radio- listen to almost any radio station anywhere

any of a number of police radio scanners

Bubble levels, "postage" scales, phone bump apps.....too many to even scratch the surface and I've never paid for one.

I Love Android! let me see if i can help.

First you can't watch Netflix on our phones yet, netflix isn't allowing it, but they are in the process of hiring a team to make a app for it so at some point or another we will be able to get our netflix on the go.

everything i am about to tell you is free-

ANGRY BIRDS for sure and there's a holidays pack that came out recently called Angry Birds Seasons which is winter themed, with all new levels. AND they just announced Angry Pigs (the sequel).

sounds liked you're covered in the music department.

if you read you can download books through Aldiko. or get books read to you using Audible.

TV.com app is one of the better ways to watch video on your phone, not a GREAT selection but there is price is right and old star trek episodes. but i did see the season premiere of Dexter on there.

there's a g4 app for clips of stuff from that channel which works good.

Catch is a great little app which is just a note taker, but it's been really useful if i need to write something down and i don't have a pen i can type it in and if you create a account (or link to your google account) then they backup your notes server side incase of phone issues.

GasBuddy finds you the best prices for gas in your area.

JTV has a app to take video on your phone and it instantly uploads to the site and you can have it sync with your twitter and facebook to instantly post a notice that you made a new video, or not.

TiKL Touch to Talk (allows for a walkie talkie (nextel) interface for your contacts. they must have the program as well and only use if you have unlimited data cause it takes alot.

just gonna machine gun a few apps out:

barcode scanner,epic fails, funny jokes,gstrings (guitar tuner), google sky map, magic marker,scorecenter (ESPN app), sniper shot!, solo lite (play a acoustic guitar),where's my droid (find your droid by texting it if you lose it)

my fav games some paid, some free, most should have trials which are called "lite" versions:

Angry Birds, Cestos 1&2, Hungry Shark, Reckless Racing, Shoot U!, Space Physics, Puzzle Lords, 2 player reactor, Pocket Empires, air control, alchemy, bebbled, a bunch of chess games, geoquiz, live holdem, and Pocket Legends which is a full 3D MMO and works pretty well.

I'm ripping a lot of the movies I have on my PC over to my Droid using a free program called Handbrake at the moment. Pretty slick. Going to watch some Harry Potter and Family Guy tomorrow at work. LOL

yea i do that alot as well, i have transformers 2, iron man 2, and the original batman movie with micheal keaton and jack nicolson saved on it right now.

All the google nonsense, from voice to skymap. Gotta love hulu. (although I dont remember if that was because i rooted mine or not) nfl mobile, ill think of other stuff later.

What made you choose the Droid X? I've been wanting that phone for a while, but I keep hearing that the iPhone is coming to Verizon by Jan 1st. Of course, this is a rumor. Even then I still don't know what I would pick. The Droid X is faster than the iPhone and I hear the Droid is more reliable.

And I have the very first EnV lol, so I'm waaaay over due for an upgrade. Just wondering how you like it and what appealed to you to get it. :)

  • Author

Reasons for picking the Droid X include:

- I hate Apple and Steve Jobs with a passion.

- Droid OS, to me anyways, is nicer and cleaner and more reliable than Apple's OS.

- Huge screen on the X makes it a breeze and enjoyable to watch videos. Bigger screen also means easier to use on-screen keyboard and it has Swype built in (easy way to type fast).

- Android can multitask better than iPhone.

- Android aren't pricks about their marketplace and censoring their apps/etc.

- 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor blows iPhone away

There are other reasons, but those above are biggies. Also, even though it will be awhile, from what I've read I can't wait for the new Android 2.3 OS release!

Im not going to compre droid and iphone. You will not be disappointed with any model android let alone droids.

  • Author

I have to admit, this bad boy takes some pretty nice pictures and video.

The only digital camera I ever had was a super old one. 1.3 megapixels. LoL Droid has an 8.

:)

I've been messing around with it, actually takes some damn good video too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.