November 28, 201015 yr comment_24433 EDITI've decided to scrap this contest and roll all my prizes over to the Gamercide Giveaway. I would still love to see the streamers who volunteered stream and promote the giveaway instead of this contest. Get the word out!CLICK HERE FOR THE GAMERCIDE GIVEAWAY POSTOk, so, I went a little overboard and bought a bunch of games from Steam. I decided it would be a good time to put together a giant stream related giveaway. JTV will be the best platform since random users can come in and we can now allow stream access to anyone on the channel. We can promote our portal while doing so, but JTV will be hosting grounds for this largely due to the much more controlled chat. What I would like to do is give the smaller prizes away in stream via quiz type questions etc. Redemption would then require registering with GC and then PMing me or whoever has the prize. Then, maybe invite the other viewers to enter individual contests for the other prizes. On top of which our current GC members will of course be allowed to participate and win the prizes.This is the preliminary setup stage, but what I am going to need mainly is streaming support. Preferably we need to have multiple streamers casting to the Gamercide channel over the course of a couple of days or more. It wouldn't have to be non stop, or necessarily back to back days, but it would have to be fairly scheduled. We would need streamers that could cast in their time slot with mods available to do crowd control. Not to mention some hype, twitter, etc. Post here if you can help and we'll start setting up a time and date to get this going. If you can't help then you can just watch and try to win!I have up for grabs:9 copies of NyxQuest12 copies of Osmos7 copies of Just Cause 2Tomb Raider LegendRed Faction Collection (1, 2, and Guerrilla)Grand Theft Auto ClassicsIf you have any giftable games you would like to add to the contest let me know! Looking forward to getting this going! Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_24436 i could probably stream every day after school 2-6pm EST. Don't really have any games worth giving, but anything else i could do just ask. Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_24437 i could probably stream every day after school 2-6pm EST. Don't really have any games worth giving, but anything else i could do just ask. Sounds great! Streamers are what we need. If it's during the week it would be 6-7 to 11pm EST for me. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_24438 Holy crap. This is an awesome idea, Dat. Thank you.I still have audio issues whenever I stream. As soon as I get audio for the stream, my audio gets messed up in other things. Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_24439 Holy crap. This is an awesome idea, Dat. Thank you.I still have audio issues whenever I stream. As soon as I get audio for the stream, my audio gets messed up in other things.That's no problem. We can either work with the audio issues or you can just moderate. We will certainly need Mods in the channel when this is going on. Plus a good PR man to get the word out. Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_24440 The hours depend on the day, but I should be able to stream some days early to mid-day, or late afternoon to night (pacific). I'm not expecting my new comp until at least mid-December. I'll be getting a couple downloadable games with my new comp that I either already have or don't want, that I could put in either this contest or the annual giveaway depending on the possible expiration date of the codes.If I help stream before the new comp, it could be something like Monkey Island, Titan Quest, or Iron Grip: Warlord. If after, Just Cause 2, Left 4 Dead 2, or Aliens vs Predator. Report
November 29, 201015 yr comment_24453 I love the idea... dependent on the time... I may or may not be able to help. Building that computer will take up a lot of my time once it comes in. lol Report
November 29, 201015 yr comment_24478 I got it, I can stream Torchlight. That game is awesome, and optimized, so I can run it great. Report
November 29, 201015 yr Author comment_24499 Sounds good guys. If you're interested in streaming PM me your email address so I can add you to the user list on JTV. It will send you a stream code that can be used for FME and other apps. If you normally use a different method I can help you get setup. Report
November 30, 201015 yr comment_24507 I'd stream, but my system is crap. I horribly need a new GPU and power supply that can handle the new power load.I have a CRAPLOAD of RAM, and a beast quadcore CPU, but my GPU is lacking and that's 33% of the computer's performance right there. *sighs* I can run older games fine, but ****** for buying a PC out of the box. It's a decent HP system, bu the graphics is severely lacking since it's a "media" PC with a GeForce9500 and not being able to upgrade without putting in a new power supply. Eventually I'll upgrade.. Just been busy. I'd like to stream but I can't run things well at the moment. Lord knows I have a crapload of PC games. LoL Report
November 30, 201015 yr comment_24510 Everyone is talking about PC games, does it have to be PC we stream? Not that it should matter that much im just more of a console kinda guy Report
November 30, 201015 yr comment_24511 If you're able to stream console games, that'd be perfectly fine. Report
November 30, 201015 yr Author comment_24513 Yeah, anything game related will be fine. BTW Chris, have you thought about streaming console games? If you have a good cpu and ram then you shouldn't have any problems streaming them. If you're interested in streaming a half way decent streaming card will likely be cheaper than upgrading your video card and psu. Report
November 30, 201015 yr comment_24519 Yeah, anything game related will be fine. BTW Chris, have you thought about streaming console games? If you have a good cpu and ram then you shouldn't have any problems streaming them. If you're interested in streaming a half way decent streaming card will likely be cheaper than upgrading your video card and psu.While I would do it, to me it'd be more important to actually upgrade the PC. If I did it, it would all be in one shot and I'd get the streaming card for consoles too. Just trying to save up money. Report
December 1, 201015 yr Author comment_24561 While I would do it, to me it'd be more important to actually upgrade the PC. If I did it, it would all be in one shot and I'd get the streaming card for consoles too. Just trying to save up money.I completely understand that. Any idea what range of video card you will be looking into? Report
December 3, 201015 yr Author comment_24725 I'll be getting with everyone soon I hope. Start planning some times. I've been working 70+ hours a week and it looks like that's going to continue until Christmas at least. So, I'm a little slow putting everything in order. I guess we can put it to a vote of those who would like to get this going before Christmas and those who would rather wait until after. I'm fine either way. Report
December 3, 201015 yr comment_24728 I'll vote right now. I think we should wait until you've had some time to decompress and relax a bit. Giveaways aren't easy to manage, and they will suck all of your available time from you. Report
December 6, 201015 yr Author comment_24896 You seem to have the only vote. I'm probably leaning towards the first of the year. However, I may still change my mind. Just depends if I get some down time or not. I'm going to be pretty busy the next few weeks. Report
December 14, 201015 yr Author comment_25422 I've decided to scrap this contest and roll all my prizes over to the Gamercide Giveaway. I would still love to see the streamers who volunteered stream and promote the giveaway instead of this contest. Get the word out!CLICK HERE FOR THE GAMERCIDE GIVEAWAY POST Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_25424 I've decided to scrap this contest and roll all my prizes over to the Gamercide Giveaway. I would still love to see the streamers who volunteered stream and promote the giveaway instead of this contest. Get the word out!CLICK HERE FOR THE GAMERCIDE GIVEAWAY POSTAh alright then. Would be a lot easier for you if you're busy anyways. I'll definitely have to try to stream and promote it. I have my new system up and running now. Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_28053 not gonna lie, this is by far the hardest area to post in when there are no recent topics Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.