November 21, 201015 yr comment_24151 I found this article and found it a very interesting read. To summarize, 200 students in a Strategic management class at the University of Central Florida were accused of cheating by their professor since they used online materials (a test bank) provided by the publisher to study and/or cheat on the exam. It is unknown to me if this was publicly available on the website (article seems to claim it was), but reguardless of that, would you consider this a form of cheating? Is the professor right in the action that he is taking?If you have time, be sure and take a look at the article, it explains it much better along with the videos than I do.http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101118/21485811928/200-students-admit-to-cheating-exam-bigger-question-is-if-it-was-really-cheating-studying.shtml Report
November 21, 201015 yr comment_24152 I completely take the side of the students, they simply used their resources on a professor who obviously was lazy and took the easy way out with his exams. I've taken a few classes where professors take questions directly from online practice testes, including my current poly sci class, and I don't consider it cheating. It's his responsibility to make sure his students are learning and being a predictable lazy prof. doesn't help. He could have been even more of a **** and made his test completely different, but then again I've come to the realization on how his tests are done he's too lazy to do that. Report
November 21, 201015 yr comment_24155 read it and watched a bit the video.too many gray areas IMO at the moment. Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_24171 I'm going to side with the students. They were using resources available to them to help them through teh class. You may as well say reading your textbook is cheating because it gives you the answers. Maybe the professor should write his own tests from this point forward Report
November 22, 201015 yr comment_24173 The students TOTALLY, if they are studying the questions and answers what are they doing that is different than normal studying? There's some classes that you take pre-tests just so you know what you might need to study. Thats almost like saying, you read the test book, you cheated. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.