Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Battle La

Featured Replies

<object width="720" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/30354"></param><param'>http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/30354"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/30354" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="390"></embed></object>

Looks pretty cool, but looks too similar to Skyline, though I've only seen the trailers for both movies.

Then again I could say it looks too much like Independence Day, but Skyline and Battle LA are closer together.

Looks pretty cool, but looks too similar to Skyline, though I've only seen the trailers for both movies.

Then again I could say it looks too much like Independence Day, but Skyline and Battle LA are closer together.

Was gonna say, is 2011 the year of the invasion movies?

I think skyline looks terrible. I might actually go see this one though.

^^^This^^^

Inherent difference between this and Skyline? The budgets. Skyline is fairly low budget for the type of movie it is trying to be at $20 million and this one is upwards of $100 million. Amazing the difference a little money can do. :lol:

Money doesn't always effect how good a movie is though.

I agree with this 100% in most cases. However in giant alien invasion flicks with tons of special effects needed to show the aliens themselves, budget appears to be everything. I can't really thing of any exceptions of movies that had cheaper budgets that turned out well. The only film that may comes close is Gareth Edwards' upcoming Monsters, but it is rumored that the aliens will never really be shown.

Signs was upwards of an $85 million budget, which is decidedly not "low". The Mist was a low budget affair at around $18 to $20 million, but most people consider it to be crap. I love it however, especially when you watch it in black and white, which is how Darabont wanted to released it, but the studio refused. Not saying Skyline or Battle LA are bad films, just saying that MOST alien invasion flicks that have a larger budget turn out to be better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.