November 11, 201015 yr comment_23726 Two major British retailers are threatening to ban the selling of games tied to Steam and are demanding that publishers remove Steam from their game or suffer the consequences.According to MCV, the two retailers who are unknown at this point are claiming that Steam is ruining the PC market and that Valve has created a monster. One of the bosses even had the following to say.“If we have a digital service, then I don’t want to start selling a rival in-store…“Publishers are creating a monster – we are telling suppliers to stop using Steam in their games.”What do you think? Has Valve created a monster and in doing so, have they begun destroying the market of PC games?View the full article Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23737 I hate buying a game off a shelf only to find I have to install software to buy games off the net. I don't ever use steam, and don't want it on my computer, but now I can't play my games without it. Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23743 I can understand not wanting titles that require steam. Especially if they do have their own digital distribution market. However, if they just want to not sell on steam then that's another matter entirely. Pulling sales from steam would likely do nothing but hurt them. Steam is awesome, and if other services could offer the ease of access and community that Steam does then maybe people would do others. There are a couple other services that are pretty decent such as Stardock. However, I do agree very much agree that a game shouldn't require Steam. Of course, the people complaining are RETAILERS that want some of the digital distribution share. No surprise they would complain about Steam. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.