Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Stupid Computer

Featured Replies

Last night went from a successful night in computers to worst than to horrific!

First off, I installed my 2nd cd-rom drive on my older computer

Then my brother tells me theres a computer that I can have if I just hook all the parts on the inside back up, I said I was fine with that and I hooked everything up, powered her up and no screen. After examining it for a long time, looks like the motherboard, video card, or hard-drive has gone bad. Motherboard - that particular one retails for almost $400 on amazon or newegg can't remember which one I saw it through.

Moving on, my computer (never opened or touched until things went bad) decided to give me an amber light and 2 beeps (it's a dell btw). After examining google and it, seems that I have to unplug everything, open her up and reseat not RESET everything. I do that and beep, beep. I do everything relating to the memory modules and nothing. Well, I gave up after 4 hours and called Dell support, it's going to cost me $70 for 2 gigs of ram and it will be here on Wednesday.

if the new ram modules fail, I think my motherboard went bad and I don't have the money to buy a new computer. Sadly, the computer just went out of warranty 3 months ago.

FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- End Rant.

Last night went from a successful night in computers to worst than to horrific!

First off, I installed my 2nd cd-rom drive on my older computer

Then my brother tells me theres a computer that I can have if I just hook all the parts on the inside back up, I said I was fine with that and I hooked everything up, powered her up and no screen. After examining it for a long time, looks like the motherboard, video card, or hard-drive has gone bad. Motherboard - that particular one retails for almost $400 on amazon or newegg can't remember which one I saw it through.

Moving on, my computer (never opened or touched until things went bad) decided to give me an amber light and 2 beeps (it's a dell btw). After examining google and it, seems that I have to unplug everything, open her up and reseat not RESET everything. I do that and beep, beep. I do everything relating to the memory modules and nothing. Well, I gave up after 4 hours and called Dell support, it's going to cost me $70 for 2 gigs of ram and it will be here on Wednesday.

if the new ram modules fail, I think my motherboard went bad and I don't have the money to buy a new computer. Sadly, the computer just went out of warranty 3 months ago.

FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- End Rant.

Ick. 70 for 2 gigs? Either the ram is pretty old and mostly out of production, very new, or they ripped ya. I take it the ram from the other computer isn't compatible to try?

  • Author

Yeah, all the other ram pieces I have are not compatible. I looked up prices for the RAM and it was coming up above $70 for both.

If it turns out to be the motherboard, I'll be building my own.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.