Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

A Youtube Video On Female Gamers

Featured Replies

hmm was an interesting video, although i could totally do without the casual games being put into play. grant it they are already out there and they are drawing in alot more people, but if they magically disappeared from the face of the world i wouldnt mind one bit. as far as girls playing games, ive met enough that play games real games, not the sims and bs like that. i dunno i liked gaming when it was more the social outcast thing to do and not everyone in the freaking world thought they were a gamer

It's certainly worth watching and well informed but it's nothing that I haven't heard before. I've gone through discussions like this with comic books about 15 years ago and Horror movies around 10. I'm sure the blatant sexism of games, and the way some women are objective in games does play a major role in them but it's not the main source of the problem. I think games as a whole, like comic books, lack decent storytelling, character development and engaging/original writing. Games I find that Tam is interested in (but doesn't play) are more of the atmosphere and character driven story lines instead of run and gun. She loves things like Silent Hill, Ico, and because she's a huge fantasy and D&D fan Oblivion (but NOT Fallout). Games she plays are Animal Crossing, The Sims, and we play Plants Vs Zombies and Rock Band together, and that's about it.

I think to bring more women into gaming the industry needs to focus on story more than anything.

Watched and it and...meh.

I don't think bringing females into the industry or changing anything will make more females want to play video games or get somewhat interested. Just like changing female character bodytypes, it doesn't matter. (The only game that I think is an embarrassment to the gaming industry when it comes to female bodies is the DOA series.) You either like games or you don't like games. It doesn't matter if you are male or female.

and the casual gaming bit...get the hell out of here. (That's directed to the video by the way) My XBL friend list is populated with females and most of the time they are playing Halo, Gears, Fable, or Fallout.

Oh geez....I feel an article coming on.

I have girl gamers on my friends list who play GoW2 and MW2 all the freaking time. They are better than me, and they're pretty friendly too. I think that's why he included in his video that we DO want more girl gamers online, because it's nice to not have to deal with ego and trash talking all the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.