October 30, 201015 yr comment_22548 "In an interview with the New York Times last month, Inafune was critical of the state of the Japanese game industry: “I look around T.G.S., and everyone’s making awful games. Japan is at least five years behind. It’s like we’re still making games for the last generation of game consoles. Capcom is barely keeping up. The ideas, game play, design – there’s no diversity, no originality.”"I really hope he starts up his own studio. It's not just Japanese developers, either. It's all over. While there are some entertaining new titles out, it's mostly been the indie developers coming out with new ideas and games. How many times have you played a sequel in a series, and it's just one or two things that's changed/added? Things that could have been an expansion pack, but are actually sold for $60 as a new title.It'd be great if other people in the games industry, were bold enough to speak out like Inafune did. Maybe what he said, will embolden some and we'll eventually see it.[source - Edge] Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22738 That is pretty bold to come out like that. I hope he does land something where he can put those ideas and opinions to good use. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22739 I wonder what will happen to Mega Man Legends 3 at this point? I was really looking forward to it but without Inafune involved I hope it can be any good. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.