October 18, 201015 yr comment_21473 Privacy be damned cries Facebook! In the latest scandal involving Facebook user’s personal information being made public, Facebook has removed some popular gaming apps that have been taking user’s account information even if your profile information is set to have the highest level of security possible.Farmville, Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, and Frontierville are just 3 of the apps that have been mentioned in the privacy breech that is affecting millions of users across Facebook. Several apps have already being made unavailable to Facebook users as Facebook tries to sort out another privacy breech mess.Zynga, who is the company behind Farmville, Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, and Frontierville had the following to say regarding the scandal.“Zynga has a strict policy of not passing personally identifiable information to any third parties. We look forward to working with Facebook to refine how web technologies work to keep people in control of their information.”Unfortunately for millions of users who use these Facebook apps daily, that message might be to little too late.The Wall Street JournalView the full article Report
October 18, 201015 yr comment_21495 I think Facebook apps are lame anyways, but on the rare occasion I have tried to use one I get this huge page asking if I will let it use some of my personal information/data/friend's list, so I'm like f*** it and cancel out. Report
October 19, 201015 yr comment_21510 Yeah, I'd be more likely to use them if not for that page. They should clarify or allow you to individually allow what information you want to pass to the app. Report
October 19, 201015 yr comment_21544 So... play farmville for free now... get spam later (or worse).Its the sad truth of many internet apps, there is a reason they are free. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.