October 7, 201016 yr comment_20939 Epic announced a Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta, and dedicated servers. I am extremely excited about this, especially the dedicated servers part. Xbox360Achievements.org has a lot more information on it if you want to check it out in these two links. Here and Here.Here are some of the new Screenshots I thought were amazingly awesome, including unlockable player skins and custom skins for your weapons:<object id="vid_4cad17bc0457bf7f8a000110" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/07/gears-of-war-3-multiplayer-video-preview"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/07/gears-of-war-3-multiplayer-video-preview">More Gears of War 3 Videos</a></div> Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20941 DEDICATED SERVERS FTW!!! As long as they don't eff it up anyways.I hate EA's dedicated servers sometimes. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20943 From what I've read so far, it's dedicated servers for the beta. "We plan to host a public multiplayer beta for Gears of War 3 in 2011 featuring dedicated servers."I'm not going to get excited about any of that, until it's explained a bit more. Report
October 7, 201016 yr Author comment_20944 From what I've read so far, it's dedicated servers for the beta. "We plan to host a public multiplayer beta for Gears of War 3 in 2011 featuring dedicated servers."I'm not going to get excited about any of that, until it's explained a bit more.Yeah, it would make more sense if it was Beta only, but I assumed based off Cliffy B's Tweet its for the full game: (SHABAM Dedicated servers ARE coming to Gears 3! Beta also? Sure, you got it! Love, Cliff and Epic.)Epic's official forums are going crazy with talk of dedicated servers, and nobody is correcting them so far, none of the moderators, admins, producers etc. So it MIGHT be for the actual game. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20945 Any talk about Gears makes me jizz uncontrollably. BRB, gotta change my pants... Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20947 Why would they have dedicated servers for the beta and not for the public release? I'm just curious. Someone please educate a stupid panda. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20949 Why would they have dedicated servers for the beta and not for the public release? I'm just curious. Someone please educate a stupid panda.Modded lobbies? Maybe they want to see if it's feasible, inside of a contained beta. Probably many reasons. Maybe they're just going to do it from the start, and not just the beta. I'm going off of one article I've read this morning. I haven't read any others yet. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20951 "The beta - which will run sometime early next year - will give Xbox Live users their first hands-on time with the sequel's new dedicated servers, which Gears 3 will use for ranked and social matchmaking games."Looks like it'll be in the game. Cool.Also, there have been random dedicated servers in GoW2, along with "subtly adjusting the weapons (GoW2) to be closer to their Gears 3 counterparts".http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268637 Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20973 The dedicated servers is definitely a 1-up for me. Gears 3 is almost gaining my purchase. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20975 The dedicated servers is definitely a 1-up for me. Gears 3 is almost gaining my purchase.Yay!!! !! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.