October 5, 201016 yr comment_20793 The Sacrifice is out for L4D1 and 2, PLUS No Mercy for Left 4 Dead 2! To top it all off both games are 66% off on steam right now or 6.79 each! Report
October 5, 201016 yr comment_20797 Seriously borked for the PC (have to delete a certain file for it to work).It may be awhile before we see it on the 360. Report
October 5, 201016 yr Author comment_20798 I'm currently downloading it now, but I've talked to several friends who are currently playing it and none of them have had to delete anything to make it work. Not sure if it's contained to certain users or just one of the games or what. Report
October 5, 201016 yr comment_20799 I've been waiting for it all day, but now I'm not at home lol. I think I'll get Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for my PC, I can run Portal and I meet the minimum requirements. I mean, you can get both for $10! Even if they don't run well, that's not that much. Then I can get Garry's Mod. Although I'll need Counter Strike Source for most of the GMod default models to work. Then Orange Box for a decent pack of objects and NPCs. Oh Steam, you really know how to get people to spend money.Sooo, GMod + CS Source - $25. L4D1 and 2 - $10. Orange Box - $30. About $70 after tax, and a crapload of games (that I already have, but will now be able to get all of the proper multiplayer updates for (TF2!) and use a mouse on lol). I think I'll do it. Report
October 5, 201016 yr comment_20801 I'm currently downloading it now, but I've talked to several friends who are currently playing it and none of them have had to delete anything to make it work. Not sure if it's contained to certain users or just one of the games or what.Everyone on Everx's channel on JTV had the problem. They read the fix on the Steam forums and it worked (autoexec). Report
October 5, 201016 yr Author comment_20802 Everyone on Everx's channel on JTV had the problem. They read the fix on the Steam forums and it worked (autoexec).lol, I'd say I could tell you, but that's not going to happen today most likely. Stupid steam servers are so swamped it's going to be like 5 hours. Might have been an early issue OR they could have been using an autoexec that was unsupported anymore. The vanilla game without any modification other than DLC doesn't need an autoexec and doesn't create one. Likely they've added something to their autoexec that the newest patch didn't like. I'll know because I use a modded autoexec for l4d2 but not 1. At least I'll know when the stupid thing downloads finally. Report
October 5, 201016 yr comment_20805 So....it's slightly cheaper to buy both full games for the PC then it is just to get the DLC for both games on the 360.....I can't wait until I can get a not crap computer(I can't even run HL2 on low anymore) Report
October 5, 201016 yr comment_20806 I say go ahead and get this L4D1 and 2 deal now, since it's only $10 for both, so you can play it later when you get a better computer (Steam DRM let's you play on any comp as long as you have your account logged in, right?).My computer is a freaking zombie and can run Portal lol. I did get GMod+CS and the L4Ds. If they run well, I'll probably get tOB too. I'm starting to love Steam, can't wait till I have a good computer either. Report
October 6, 201016 yr Author comment_20810 Yeah, Valve is pretty much genius. They've been regurgitating the same technology since HL2 and it's working great for them. Yes, Kev, you can log in from any computer and play your steam games. Btw PK, I found the autoexec problem. Just like I thought, it is a user problem and not caused directly by the game. Apparently the latest DLC doesn't support an autoexec mod that changes the glow rings around items, etc. You can still have an autoexec with other features, but the glow mods must be disabled. Simple fix while still using autoexec. I tested it out personally. It's not surprise most everyone you talked to had the problem since the glow mod is very popular and not considered a cheat. Report
October 6, 201016 yr comment_20812 Sweet. Thanks for finding that out. I don't think anyone had a clue. Report
October 6, 201016 yr comment_20821 Assassin just gifted me L4D 2. I'll definitely play some campaign with you, Dat, but not versus. lol<3 Assassin Report
October 6, 201016 yr Author comment_20890 Cool. I prefer VS but we can do some campaign. Haven't done any in a while. I may be off work this weekend so we can play then. Report
October 6, 201016 yr comment_20891 I might even join for some matches. Mine loads a bit slow (though it does on the Xbox, too), but is mostly stable. If I swallow my pride and turn all the graphics to low it might be pretty smooth, but right now it runs fairly well at medium textures, low shader, low effects, with some slowdown when a lot of stuff is happening. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20915 Next time I go broke, remind me to save 7 dollars so I can buy l4d2. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20918 Hell. Find 4 people with $5 and get the four pack before the sale is over. Everyone has $5 floating around their house in various forms. Report
October 7, 201016 yr comment_20931 Next time you go broke I'll BUY you l4d2.Too late, a certain southern girl already did... Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.