Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

How Do You Feel About A Prequel Of "the Thing"

Featured Replies

I love John Carpenter movies. One of my personal favorites has always been The Thing. Such a great monster movie. The special effects were insane, and I still get chills to this day when I remember the scene where some dude's stomach turns into a giant mouth with teeth and bites off the doctor's hands.

Well they are making a prequel to the original movie. It's going to tell the story of the Norwegians (who we see flying a helicopter at the beginning of the original, shooting crazily at a dog as it runs across the snow, only to be taken in by Kurt Russel and gang).

http://io9.com/5654684/first-inside-look-at-the-thing-prequel-shows-why-it-may-be-awesome-after-all

It's probably going to be HEAVILY subtitled due to the Norwegians, but it could definitely work. My interest is piqued.

I never watched it from start to finish, but I've seen parts of it. Horror flicks just aren't my favorite genre.

  • Author

Awww, but Kurt Russell AND Wilford Brimley = WIN! LoL

I love that movie. Definitely one of my favs. It's more of a paranoid sci-fi flick than a horror movie IMO. I love the aspect of not knowing who is infected and the paranoia it puts on the characters.

In fact, I even enjoyed the video game they made out of it. It really captured the essence of the movie. The Fear system was super cool and it was awesome seeing the other people react to one another. Heck, they can get so scared that they just give up and commit suicide due to the stress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(video_game)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/thing/index.html

I love that movie, it is my all time favorite horror show, I think a prequel would be cool. I wouldnt mind a sequel either, I like how they just left the ending open. Did you ever play the computer game(Edit: sorry didnt read your whole reply)?

My other favorite horror movie/story is the Mist but I hate how they eneded it in the movie the story is much better.

Yeah, GG is right. While the John Carpenter version is the most well known the original from the early '50s is pretty awesome. I can recommend it without question if you dig old films.

I'll hold on to my reservations about this prequel, until I see it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.