Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Console Questions

Featured Replies

I have a 100$ gamstop giftcard and I am going to put it towards a new xbox 360 console. A couple of questions.

Can my GT exist on both consoles as long as I am only signed in on one console at a time? I want to put one console in my bedroom to watch netflix but I dont want to buy another xboxlive subscription unless I have too.

Does anybody know what the holiday bundles will be? I know kinect will be bundled this fall but I would rather get a couple of games or an extra controller. I want the new slim design with the 250 GB HD. I know there will be deals but I need to go through gamestop to use the giftcard unless another business will accept the giftcard.

I would say just keep your account on an Xbox 360 Memory Unit like I do, but I hear the 360 S won't be compatible with them, or external hard drives with Xbox 360 storage space partitioned on them from the console (which is BS, because it means I'll have to buy whatever new, overpriced portable storage device they make if I want to keep my account portable if I were to get the new Xbox).

Recovering your gamertag isn't too bad if you don't play too many games, but mine takes forever to recover because most games save some data to your profile, which can add up if you play a lot of games. It would be a pain to do it on a very regular basis.

Much quicker and easier to just put your gamertag on a thumb drive. MS doesn't recommend gamertag recovery unless you have to.

Notes

  • To recover your gamertag, you need an Xbox storage device, such an Xbox 360 Memory Unit or Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
  • If you want to take your Xbox LIVE gamertag with you to a friend's house, you should copy your gamertag to a memory unit rather than try to recover it from the Xbox LIVE servers.

Clicky

Besides the time it takes, the only real downside to recovering your account, is potential data loss. If the last time you played on your account you were offline, and you recover your gamertag somewhere else, everything you've done since your last sign in to LIVE will be lost, including achievement progress and some types of saved data. This can lead to glitched achievements because you'll still have the save files on that console from when you played offline, but lose whatever achievements/progress you may have gotten during that time.

  • Author

Ok thanks for the advice, I will look at gtting a thumb drive or i may still just get another XBOX live subscription and have 1 for each console.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I just ordered an new 250 GB console Halo Reach, Dead Space and Lego Rock band.

Yeah, just buy an 8G or 16G USB memory stick (can get an 8G one around $20-$25 at Kmart or something). Heck, you could even get a 2G one for like 6 bucks.

Anyways. MOVE your profile information onto the USB stick. Now all you have to do is plug the USB stick into whatever console you want to use and you're good to go.

This is what I do anyways.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I got the console but the data transfer cable hasnt come yet if I recover my GT on the new console what will I be missing? Should I wait for the data transfer cable?

I don't know anything about it, but the logical thing would be to transfer your stuff BEFORE you recover your gamertag, just cos if the gamertag is on your system before all the stuff is there, the info on your GT will expect it to be there, but it won't be. Transfer first, that's what I say.

  • Author

Ok I have the 2 xboxes set up but only one will get an open NAT, I have tried port forwarding, application forwarding, DMZ setups, nothing is working, I read I might need to get a second IP address. Has anyone else had this issue, both are plugged into the same router with Ethernet cables.

Ok I have the 2 xboxes set up but only one will get an open NAT, I have tried port forwarding, application forwarding, DMZ setups, nothing is working, I read I might need to get a second IP address. Has anyone else had this issue, both are plugged into the same router with Ethernet cables.

Here you go Duble Duece. Looks like not all routers support it. Here's a list of ones that do, and instructions on testing:

http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

  • Author

Well I guess it wasnt as hard as I was making it, after removing all the port forwarding and stuff and just naming the devices and setting UPNP it is working. Thanks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.