Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

If You Got The $30 For A Year Auto Xbox Live Gold Renewal

Featured Replies

Don't try to get the 1 month for $1 deal. Apparently you can only have one auto renewal at a time, and it will override the previous one. After the single $1 month, it will autorenew for $10 a month ($120 a year). This pissed me off so I just spent 20 minutes trying to find where I can disable auto-renewal. At least I got it turned off and canceled all of those renewals without having to call Xbox Support. I don't even care if I get the Noble Six helmet anymore (Halo Reach unlockable ones and the EVA I'm using look cooler anyways), Microsoft is being a pain in the a ss and all of these deals suddenly popping up when the price is going to be raised seem to be putting Admiral Ackbar on alert (i.e. look like traps).

I'll just buy my next renewal when I find a deal on a prepaid card at Amazon or something before my subscription is close to ending in March 2011.

For anyone else who wants to disable automatic renewal, go here https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Flows/ManageSubscription/ChooseSubscription.aspx, click the ON button next to automatic renewal, skip past several pages of M$ begging you not to deactivate it, then turn it off.

/END RANT

  • Author

Yeah, at least it didn't actually cost me anything since they were all just future renewal plans, and I didn't have to call anyone to cancel it. But the whole situation with Gold pricing right now seems very suspicious, so I just opted out of it entirely. I think they are doing it and making it intentionally difficult to cancel autorenewal so people will be forced into paying the expensive monthly prices and new yearly prices, directly to Microsoft instead of retailers like Amazon or Wal-Mart.

  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah the same thing sorta happened to me when i got my new 360, except after my free trial i planned to pay with a prepaid card i got for cheap off Amazon and had to wait for it to arrive. well it turned out to be a race against the clock as it showed up on the LAST day and as i entered it in i realized that i had already put my card info in and that auto-renew was on, which would've been disastrous considering i used the last of my money on the card. Ive had over-draft fees before, never again NEVVVAAAR!!! (seriously $35 a day? I'm only 16 dude T.T)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.