Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Oh Crap, I Might Have To Buy A Kinect Now. :(

Featured Replies

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!! LoL

I had no interest in the thing. Not one little bit. I watched those commercials and trailers of families, ridiculously jumping around in front of their television sets flailing arms and legs.

And now you drop this bomb on me.

Steel Battalion. (I'm SOOORRRYYY PK! It's Kotaku, I know, but I couldn't find news on it anywhere else. If you can find another link, please replace for me!)

New link!

The original game was amazing. Big stompy behemoths of metal and not those silly robots on rollerskates that Japan loves. Soooo immersive for it's time and it required you to buy this HUGE $200 controller just to play the game. You didn't just load up the game and go. You had to actually start up your mech and turn on everything, kind of like a pilot in an actual cockpit.

800pxsteelbattalioncont.jpg

And now you're bringing it to Kinect. This has the possibility of being so awesome I can't even put it into words. If they can properly do head-tracking, motion controls for knobs and movement and NOT make it into a simplified on-rails shooter, I would buy Kinect in a heartbeat.

*crosses fingers*

and don't forget voice commands..... "arm missles", "fire", .... I always wanted the first one, but it was too expensive.

Also I know PK doesn't like Kotaku, and i know why........ but is there another place to get game info quickly?

.....sonuva.

I love me some mechs. I miss making the "rocket twins".

If this works half as good as it possibly could... ******. ******. ******. ******.

*shakes fist @ microsoft*

my wife wants it, it has little cute animals....... she likes that kind of thing. she said it reminds her of petville on facebook, don't ask me why.

and don't forget voice commands..... "arm missles", "fire", .... I always wanted the first one, but it was too expensive.

Also I know PK doesn't like Kotaku, and i know why........ but is there another place to get game info quickly?

Joystiq, Giant Bomb, CVG, Eurogamer, Edge, Gamasutra, Would You Kindly, IGN, Ars Technica, Nuka-Cola and so on. =]

I subscribe via RSS to all of them and have gaming news at the click of a button.

Thanks PK.... I'll start checking them out. :D

P.S. I'll let you know when we get our site set-up.... but tech news won't be our forte, we'll just have to give credit on everything we post up..... it's hard to get first hand info when you're a small site starting out :P

As a small site, you'd do yourself a favor by not promoting the bigger, more douchier sites. They will always get their page views. When a smaller site cites them for source, you're just giving them that much more power. When they have that power, they don't blink twice when being "controversial". Like Jim Sterling at Dtard, saying the PS3 is slow like Jett Travolta.

So, as a smaller site, help out a fellow small site and cite them when you can. Share pageviews and promote yourselves in the process.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.