September 7, 201016 yr comment_18249 This is Gilpin Family Whiskey.It's not your normal whiskey. In fact, you could pretty much call is "Pissky". http://www.wired.co....10-08/24/pisskyPlease excuse me while I go vomit a little. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18252 Ya know, this made me think back to some tasting notes I read a while back. It said, "...It's like walking in to an antique shop..." Guess this could be said for this. Hell, I'd try it if someone else buys it for me. The urine is purified and the resulting waters and sugars are distilled, so it's not really all that gross. Honestly, you'd be surprised how much stuff you put in to your body that is cringe worthy. Report
September 7, 201016 yr Author comment_18254 Mr. Spawn, I am the king of gross facts. In fact, I got in trouble at work once for discussing the use of carmine dye in many foods such as yogurts and pop-tarts (she was eating a strawberry pop-tart, which the carmine dye is used for coloring the strawberry and cherry flavors). Carmine dye is made by crushing up beetles. I kind of made her cry a little but I didn't mean it. I just thought it was an interesting fact. People also don't like to know the official amounts of acceptable contamination for foods as described by the FDA, known as the Defect Levels Handbook. (Acceptable to have an average of 225 insect fragments and 4.5 rodent hairs in every box of macaroni and cheese? YIKES but I'm still gonna eat it!)I don't know though. I don't think I can get down on a bottle of urine even if I'm guaranteed to get drunk off it. LoL Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18256 I don't know though. I don't think I can get down on a bottle of urine even if I'm guaranteed to get drunk off it. LoLThat's my thing though, it's not a bottle of urine. There is ZERO urine left in it. It's water and sugar.On a side note, a good whiskey is not meant to get you drunk, it is meant for subtle drinking. I do love a good scotch. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18257 i still would'nt take any. even tho its clean.just the idea of where it comes from turns me off lol. Report
September 7, 201016 yr Author comment_18258 That's my thing though, it's not a bottle of urine. There is ZERO urine left in it. It's water and sugar.On a side note, a good whiskey is not meant to get you drunk, it is meant for subtle drinking. I do love a good scotch. Exaaaactly. I love to just sit around, pour myself a nice double of Jameson and play a few rounds of chess. Scotch? No thanks. That's one drink I can't mess with. Had a bad run-in with some Scotch Whiskey during my high school years. Was really stupid about it, having drank a large bottle of Pinch Scotch Whiskey all to myself and now I can never enjoy scotch again. Same with gin. Report
September 7, 201016 yr comment_18261 Bleh...Pinch just isn't good anyway, so that's understandable. If you ever get down my way I'll let you try what I drink and you'll have a new found love. I promise. Besides, many beer companies have been making their beer this way for years....Except they leave out the sterilization process. Report
September 7, 201016 yr Author comment_18262 Bleh...Pinch just isn't good anyway, so that's understandable. This is true, but it was in my parent's liquor cabinet and I was young and stupid. Now I'm just old and stupid. LoL Report
September 10, 201016 yr comment_18483 Lawls. I'm with Spawn on this one. I'd try it if someone bought it for me. Report
September 10, 201016 yr comment_18501 Clicked on the link, saw the title, and closed the page. Oh dear me.....I am eating Cornflakes and they want to come back up now!!! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.