September 2, 201016 yr comment_17929 Matt Kessler on Sept. 2, 2010You see? This is what happens when you don’t always bet on Duke. You’re going to be taken for a ride.Last week, we heard a rumor that, somehow, the long-in-development Duke Nukem Forever--currently in a state of limbo after 3D Realms was forced to lay off the development team due to the company's inability to continue self-funding the game--was going to be “resurrected” in the hands of Texas-based developer Gearbox, the developers of last year’s excellent first-person RPG, Borderlands. When asked to comment on the rumor, Gearbox president/Samba De Amigo fan Randy Pitchford tweeted that he would be able to "clarify" the rumor at this weekend’s PAX. And now, just days before the start of PAX and that supposed clarification, George Broussard, current president of the empty office that is 3D Realms, tweeted the following image.Huh. Flying pigs. Wait. Isn't there some sort of metaphorical significance of flying pigs? Aren’t pigs supposed to fly when something super crazy and unexpected happens? And hey! What’s up with the sunglasses on that pig in the front? It kind of look like that flying pig is wearing Duke Nukem’s glasses.That’s weird.I’m sure this doesn’t mean anything. I mean, it’s not like this image somehow corroborates the rumor, right? I mean, it’s crazy to say this image indicates that, yes, Duke Nukem Forever is once again in development, and Gearbox is somehow involved with that new development, and that we will hear more information on the current arrangement at PAX.That would just be crazy, right? Right?[source - GiantBomb]P.S. It's rumored that Jon St. John will be at PAX. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17931 Just in case its yet another rumor http://www.escapistm...e-Nukem-Forever Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_17994 Somebody's hero is wearing a Duke shirt...Who could that be? Obviously I don't know (Seriously, I didn't know until I was told who it was. ) Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_18005 O hai Gearbox......FINISH ALIEN: COLONIAL MARINES..... Screw that. I'd rather have Duke and more Borderlands. Hell, even Duke IN Borderlands would do. Report
September 3, 201016 yr Author comment_18006 O hai Gearbox......FINISH ALIEN: COLONIAL MARINES..... Gearbox called. They said, "No.".=p Report
September 5, 201016 yr Author comment_18129 O hai Gearbox......FINISH ALIEN: COLONIAL MARINES..... BAM!“Gearbox Software continues the now well established PAX tradition of “What’s up with Gearbox” panel! We’ll be discussing Borderlands and the DLC packs, the Brothers in Arms franchise and Aliens: Colonial Marines. There will be time during the panel for gamers to get answers on all their favorite Gearbox games. There may even be a little Claptrap surprise!”That panel starts at 3PM PST. Two hours from now. If there's a live stream, I'll embed it in this thread. Report
September 6, 201016 yr Author comment_18197 Great article about Gearbox/Duke Nukem/Lawsuit with 2K Games/How they kept Duke a secret until PAXhttp://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30260/InDepth_Pitchford_On_How_Gearbox_Got_To_Own_Duke_Nukem_Franchise.php Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.