September 2, 201016 yr comment_17894 <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17909 Looks pretty awesome, One in the chamber looks like my favorite Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17924 I almost never like free for all game types....but I kinda want to try these out. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17939 This game looks so ridiculously stupid I was honestly laughing the whole time while watching that video. Let's give people a crossbow! Yea, that's exactly what I want to use when playing a "realistic" modern shooter. The 1% chance of me buying this game is now at 0% after watching that. So PK, I thank you for potentially saving me money lol. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17941 I'm with Bogey on this one. I mean, sure it looks semi cool, but so did Modern Warfare 2 and look how that turned out. People ***** 24/7 about Killstreaks and certain guns. So surely a mini gun, Torque Bow from Gears of War, the insane Killstreaks they announced so far and a RC Car isn't going to go without its complaints.....Its going to be pure hell. Hacking and bitching, the Call of Duty franchise is going down hill and it started with Killstreaks and idiotic weapons./rant Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17944 I wasn't aware CoD was ever considered realistic.Lol, I sure as hell don't consider it realistic. My point is the crazy garbage they're adding. I wish they would go back to how CoD4 was. Then I would be happy. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17945 Yeah, im worried about all the killstreaks, would much prefer the set 3 like 4 and WaW or none at all. Yeah, and the insane amounts of hacking and glitching from MW2 just made me sell that game. I am still kinda interested in this one though, so I probably will still ask for it for Xmas. Report
September 2, 201016 yr comment_17946 I wasn't aware CoD was ever considered realistic.Hence why I put 'realistic' in quotes Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_17977 This game looks like CoD 2 and CoD 4 combined with some new things from Treyarch that look like they are done well.Also, Bogey, this game isn't modern either. You must have forgot your " " Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_17979 If it isn't modern, then it's what, futuristic? If anything, it's complete bullshit. Let's attach explosives to an RC car, let's take the Torque Bow from Gears, let's come up with some dumb perks. I'm sick of the Call of Duty franchise pumping out piece of **** games knowing their fanbase will buy it. Ever since Call of Duty 2, the series has gone downhill. Call of Duty 4 was a nice break from WWII, but Modern Warfare 2, what a joke. Black Ops will be filled with the same hacking enthused community with little support from the developer. Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_17981 If it isn't modern, then it's what, futuristic? If anything, it's complete bullshit. Let's attach explosives to an RC car, let's take the Torque Bow from Gears, let's come up with some dumb perks. I'm sick of the Call of Duty franchise pumping out piece of **** games knowing their fanbase will buy it. Ever since Call of Duty 2, the series has gone downhill. Call of Duty 4 was a nice break from WWII, but Modern Warfare 2, what a joke. Black Ops will be filled with the same hacking enthused community with little support from the developer....there is only modern and futuristic games? I had no idea. You do know what time period the game your are assaulting is in right? Also, if attacking explosives to an RC car and a crossbow is "bullshit" then I'm curious as to why you think so. Trust me, I've been very critical on Treyarch in the past, but I see potential in this game. I'm not giving it my vote of approval, but they said they put all of their effort and time the last 2 years into developing this game. I believe it shows, but I understand many do not. In response to the CoD series as a whole: CoD 2 was excellent. CoD 4, in my opinion, was even better. Besides the Jesus grenades I didn't really have a problem with that game. The gunplay was solid and it relied on little gimmicks to make it a very fun and playable game. W@W? It was balls. To this day, I consider it horrible. I think Treyarch just wanted a quick buck, and realized that it wasn't going to fly. MW2? Yeah it's got problems. Is their a deeper, still solid CoD game there? Yeah. There is a lot of frustrating BS to deal with in that game, but that can be said about any game. If you strip away noob tubes, commando, and all the other BS it's still a solid CoD game. Before you say anything about milking consumer though, I would like to point out one thing. You, and Halo. I'm only going to go with what I know for sure, but I'm pretty sure you've played Halo 2 and bought all of its maps, but I'll leave that out.You bought Halo 3 Legendary edition (right?). You bought 3 map packs that came out for the game, and you payed for a service that Bungie provided that let you have more space to put your 1337 screenshots and maps. You then bought ODST, a short campaign based game that contained all the content that you already payed for in Halo 3, but you got to play the Reach beta! After playing the Reach beta I'm assuming your going to buy it, but that's not all. You could, if you want, buy the more expensive versions of that game that come with extra art books, developer stuff, etc (CoD has one as well, I know). And just because I couldn't fit this in that paragraph, you bought all the Halo avatar items on the dashboard when they came out. I guess we're both cows then Bogey, because I'm most likely getting Black Ops, and your most likely getting Reach. Moo. Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_17982 I can't think of one instance where Treyarch has actually improved their games. Call of Duty 3 was a complete failure and World at War, we both agree on that one. Modern Warfare 2 is still a shame to the Call of Duty community. Multiplayer is infested with the filth of Xbox LIVE and I have no doubt that same community will move to Black Ops. Strip away noob tubes, commando perks, and everything else, but you still have modding and network manipulation. A solid game for sure!Bungie hasn't milked Halo anywhere near what Call of Duty has done. In the last 10 years, here's all the Halo games:Halo: Combat Evolved (OG Xbox)Halo 2 (OG Xbox)Halo 3Halo 3: ODSTHalo: ReachIn the last 5 years, Call of Duty has had:Call of Duty 2Call of Duty 3Call of Duty 4Modern Warfare 2Black OpsNotice how Call of Duty has had the same amount of games in five years that Halo has had in ten? There has been a Call of Duty game every year following the launch of the 360. Halo for the 360 was in 2007, 2009, and 2010. The argument concerning DLC has no ground since CoD has had even more ridiculous DLC. Let's release map packs but not address the issues with the game. Good thinking Infinity Ward! I didn't buy ODST for the new maps or beta, I bought it as an expansion to the Halo storyline. Bungie never intended it to be a "full" retail game, it was an expansion from the start. Sure I agree the pricing didn't reflect that, but it is what it is. I had high hopes for Modern Warfare 2 and lost all faith in the series. I always though Infinity Ward was a better developer than Treyarch, but I can't say that anymore after MW2. Report
September 3, 201016 yr comment_18029 A hell of a good read by Bogerella was here but I'm cutting it out for space I have a lot to comment on now lol. I guess I'll start with what makes me the most sad first, the community:It's not going anywhere. That community, is going to be on every game coming out this winter. It might not be there all at once, but they will find their way there eventually. The kids from CoD are going to move onto Halo. It's true. What we see on MW2 now isn't going to be confined to that game. It's the new group that has come onto XBL. Not all of them are kids, but MW2 has changed many who have played it. I honestly believe that MW2 is going to enter us into an era of cheap tactics and camping that really does suck. I hate it, but it's true. Next, the games:2007, 2009, 2010. That's the split after the console jump for Halo right? Two years apart, and then one. Got it?2005, 2007, 2009. That's the split for Infinity ward, right? I think you get what I'm saying. CoD has had two studios to produce games for them. Each work on a game for 2 years, and then release it. Pretty similar to how Bungie operates. Whether or not your or I like it, there is a new game out for CoD every year (not anymore, I guess). Still had the same development time and work though, so they aren't just pumping out titles. (I clicked on MSN as I was typing that word and it spell checked it to titty...) Finally, MW2. Yeah, I had high hopes for it too. I felt it was a failure at first, but then I thought about it. I was hoping for a game that would completely blow CoD 4, my favorite game of all time, right out of the water. I kind of set the game up for failure. I believe many other people, yourself included, did the same thing. Black Ops, to me, looks like it needs some polish, and some some shine on it. It doesn't look perfect, and I'm alright with that. CoD 4 wasn't perfect either, but f**king A did it shine like hell in almost all of it's areas. I don't want Black Ops to be perfect and exact. I want a game done right, well, and something that is going to be a hell of a lot of fun for a long time. What I want, is Call of F**king Duty. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.