Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sadness Re: Introversion Software

Featured Replies

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/introversion/viewtopic.php?t=2512

They almost went out of business recently. Thankfully a new slew of Steam sales saved them, but it's still sad. They "knew within about an hour of Darwinia+'s launch that it hadn't done well enough".

*sad face*

I was wondering about these guys just the other day. I didn't buy Darwinia+, just not a game that appeals to me. I did check it out on your recommendation, solid game that looks good, but nothing I could ever consider playing. Hopefully their next one will be more appealing to the masses.

I agree .. the game IS good and looks very nice. You can tell they were on a tight budget and worked their ***** off for the game. I'm just not that into it. 1200ms points is rather steep and hopefully MS can help them out and market the game better. It seemed to just .. come and go .. with little to no advertising. I think the whole Xbox Live Arcade/Downloadable games are starting to get over saturated. With the intro of "Games On Demand" and "Indie Titles" that Marketplace is getting very crowded and it's easy to miss or forget a game that doesn't have the hype of something like "Shadowrun" or a revamped game from the 80's.

Hopefully they can work something out like a price cut or bundle.

Well, little did we know that gamercide was doing its small part to save a company with its contests. Glad to hear they pulled through. Just goes to show you how awesome steam can be for companies. The same wouldn't have had nearly the effect if even it was slashed at every major retail store.

I still need to try out the games from the Introversion pack. I messed around in Defcon and it looks really neat, and the background music sets the tone well, but I need to give it a chance and figure out how to play it properly sometime.

Sad to hear that they nearly went out of business, but at the same time good that they made it through.

Honestly, I think Darwinia + would have sold much better at 800 MS Points ($10). Most newer XBLA titles would. M$ is making less money by raising the standard price of XBLA games to $15 imo (from me at least).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.