Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Alien Swarm - Need Help

Featured Replies

The official forums are a waste of time.

The Steam forums are a waste of time.

I have the game installed. No problems. Verified the files using Steam/etc.

The game launches, but I see NOTHING. It's a black screen. I can hear background music but there is NO video. I can exit to desktop using the Windows key, and right click the icon in the bottom to close the program, but it won't work.

I've updated my vid drivers. Tried turning off all Aero features. Tried running in windowed mode. Tried running it in offline Steam mode. Nothing works.

Any ideas folks?

Sounds like a resolution and refresh rate issue.

Try forcing in your screen resolution and refresh rate through the Steam command line options. If that works, edit the game's config file to hard code the info, so it opens like that every time.

If that doesn't work, I have no clue.

  • Author

Got it to work in windowed mode.

THIS. GAME. IS. AWESOME.

This could be the new Left 4 Dead if Valve did it right on the consoles. Amazing. I mean it's as good as zombies. Who wouldn't want a team of 4 with objective based gameplay based off Aliens?

  • Author

I'mma going to say it again. I have so many awesome ideas about how this could be turned into an 360 game. Crap, they could just PORT it over to XBLA and it would be epic. An FPS would also work well, or even third person.

I think I'll play it more later. Sure it sucks right now I have to play it in 800x600 mode, but still, it rules.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.