April 7, 201016 yr comment_1875 <div style="width: 480px;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=54283"/><param'>http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=54283"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=54283" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 480px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/game/rage/5315" title="Rage">Rage</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/creative-director-rage/54283" title="Creative Director Interview HD">Creative Director Interview HD</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href=" title="XBox 360">XBox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href=" title="PS3">Playstation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href=" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a></div></div></div> Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1887 I have to say this.....The graphics are...OMFG amazing! The art style looks like a cross between Fallout and Borderlands, and the engine is really allowing some fluid animations for all the character models. That said, the gameplay is what stands out the most to me. One question I have though, is they said on 360 and PC it would be multi-disk. How exactly will that type of game work on multiple disks, especially if they add online multi-player for it? Other than that, you can count me in as part of the "very intrigued" group. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1889 They said uncompressed, it would weigh in at 1TB. I imagine they will compress the heck out of it, or find a way to use just one disk for multi.I've been looking forward to it since Quakecon two years ago. Nothing has been shown since later last year, and that worries me. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1895 Well....If you put it like that....It's kind of scary how 1TB of Data is going to be compressed into something much smaller. Seems like the only system capable of running it at a decent rate with minimal compression will be the PC. I imagine it will not look anywhere near as good on the consoles, especially if they screw up the way they compress the data. The fact that it hasn't been shown to the public in a while means that they've probably been to busy to show any playable builds of the game, but it could have a much more negative reason indeed. It is scheduled for next year, along with Doom 4, at least that's what I heard. I'll be keeping in eye on this one though, even if it won't be as flashy as it could, 1TB of data is way too much for a game. My guess, this is probably how much space games are going to take on the next-gen systems. I guess that new TB disk will come in handy for games after all. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1898 They're currently working on two different projects. That part I understand. Kind of busy. Still though, their PR and CM's should be publicizing their game. It could be contests, wallpapers... whatever.Go herehttp://www.rage-game.com/See anything about Rage? lol Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1936 See anything about Rage? lollol, the game dose look really cool though. a bit of a mix between boarderlands and half-life, hope that light at the end of the tunnel is close. Report
August 21, 201016 yr comment_16892 So, Rage can output images at 25600x16000, that's a hell of a resolution, and it makes for some massive pictures. Check em out:http://bethblog.com/...-now-available/http://www.gamercide.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1325-rage-game-hi-resolution-picture/ ( Very High Resolution unresized 15mb photo. Don't click unless you want to see it ) Report
December 27, 201114 yr comment_50949 I just started to check this game out since I got it in the Steam sale, and I am very impressed with the engine. It looks great and runs at a constant 58 to 60 FPS, and I have it with all the settings maxed out, 1920x1080 with 8xAA. Even my computer can hitch a fair amount in most other high end games I try to play maxed out with that much AA (I usually do 2x or 4x depending on the intensity of the game, can't really tell a huge difference anyways aside from performance impact).It's crazy, something like Fallout New Vegas doesn't even run as good and it doesn't look as good. But I suppose the world is bigger and there's more in the world in an actual open game, as opposed to the sort of snaking trails world of a game like RAGE.After seeing how awesome this engine is, I can't wait to see Doom 4. Report
December 27, 201114 yr comment_50952 I enjoyed Rage played through it once and couldn't see myself going through it again. But the graphics blew me away. Report
December 29, 201114 yr comment_51063 I loved this game, it was just too short in my opinion. I would love if they'd come out with some good DLC (not just the sewers missions) for it, maybe to get more into the Giant that you fought in Dead City? He was pretty wicked, but I would have thought they'd stick another one in at the end or something. It was kinda like Bulletstorm for me. Such a AWESOME game, but bummed me out cause it was so short. I hope both games get sequels. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.