September 25Sep 25 comment_93481 So, here we are. Forever later, and I find myself looking at the forum with dead twitch links and a TS3 server that is long dead. I've removed some items, and I plan to at least restore the Twitch app if I can. However, what else would we like to see here? What would bring you back? Discord notifications of new posts? A channel like box that allows Discord style chatting right on the web page?Do we need to archive all the topics into an old area and recreate the entire structure? Do you have any interests you'd like to move here? Let's just say Gamercide is a forum/site looking for work. AI has simplified management of this, so I think I can make a lot happen in short order if it's requested. Just looking for ideas that will bring this site back to where we congregate and say hi. I like a site where you can actually revisit old posts without major troubles, where we can post something and not need a response immediately. Where you can join a conversation 2 days later. Anyhow, let's see what we can do. Even if it's a private corner of the internet for invites only. But remember, If you're not having fun, what's the point? Report
September 25Sep 25 Author comment_93484 As an example of how quick AI helps me here...Twitch page is functional again.https://gamercide.com/twitch/ Report
September 25Sep 25 comment_93492 lmao dying for a before and now pics thread of all if as as we aged into graceful old farts Report
September 25Sep 25 comment_93496 Some of the less used topics could easily be archived. Maybe set a threshold of views and just set them aside. Some should definitely stay (Odd and Cool, News, etc).It will be really awesome to see how everyone is getting along and reconnect. It's something I have missed. Being here was some of the best times I ever had. Report
September 25Sep 25 Author comment_93507 Most of the posts are archived already unless you're a mod or admin to unlock them. I should be able to push them all into a sub folder though and clean up the main listing. I'll start looking at what makes the most sense. Probably at least shorten the multiple platform areas etc into just one general one. Report
September 25Sep 25 comment_93508 Definitely makes sense. I'll refrain from starting too many posts until consolidation are done. Several things I want to post and start chit-chatting about. 😁 Report
September 25Sep 25 Author comment_93509 Post away. It’ll be a bit before I figure out the restructure. The way the forum links work it won’t really break anything to rearrange the areas.I’m working with AI now to see if I can make a side panel that links to our discord so we can chat in a channel right here on the site. The twitch integration is already working well and it brought my attention to MrsBE last night! Ended up chatting for a couple of hours. Love it. Report
September 26Sep 26 Author comment_93532 @spawn622 What ideas do you have for listing the forums? After digging into the articles section last night, it reminded me a lot of the forums were broken out the way they were so comments for the articles made it into a matching forum area. I’m thinking we could at least condense all that into one area. Drop all the individual sections and just have all of it land at the top area. Though I’m leaning toward it maybe making more sense to leave the areas, then just adjust the main page so you get more details right up front. A block for active posts, unread posts, and new content. All on the main site. I need to see if I can also setup a way to add a new post directly from there. Finally, it is possible to change how the posts are displayed. I’ll get some pictures up when I get back, but basically you can lay it out several different ways. Blocks, lists, and a way that looks more like what’s on Reddit. Report
September 27Sep 27 comment_93533 Honestly, the forum layout works. I don't see us getting back to a full news cycle or trying to bring back a full press team. While it was fun, it was a TON of work and almost a 2nd job. Looking at the work Siren put in...Man it was CRAZY! I could be wrong though, some of the old crew ma want to come back and bring back an honest/fair gaming news site. Which seems to really be lacking these days.You could rename the "Gamercide News" section to something different to archive those away. Then maybe consolidate some of the less used sections:Sony, MS, Nintendo, Handhelds = ConsoleComputer = PC GamingSports can fully archive. If memory services, it was fairly empty. Then the front page could just be for active topics, the Discord chat, stream links, etc.Really just spitballing ideas honestly. When you get back, we could jump on a Discord call and chat about stuff. I'm also toying with the idea of starting to stream stuff. Never done it before and was considering it while playing Vampire Survivors on Friday. No clue how much interest for folks to stop by there may be though. <shrug>Quick Edit: We could prob get rid of some of the Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy, etc. Not sure it's really valid anymore anyway. Report
September 27Sep 27 Author comment_93534 I think I can get on board with that. I’ll have to see what it takes to archive the Articles and related forum section completely. I’d like to leave one part of it active just in case anyone did want to write a review or something. I think it would be good to have a chat when I’m back. Probably be the weekend after next or possibly one night week after next if work isn’t crazy. You should stream! I haven’t checked in a while, but I should be able to give you permission on our Gamercide channel if you wanted to start there. Thought about doing a stream myself for old times’ sake.I will probably move the privacy, etc., to the bottom of the site and update them with modern equivalents. Lot of random data laws and I’d prefer to CMA. I already ran a pass through AI and need to review it. Report
September 27Sep 27 comment_93535 Sounds good man. The new job doesn't have me working past 5, unless I actually want to do so...which is wild to me. After working until god knows when for 20 years. It's so awesome only working 8:30 to 5:00. All that said, just let me know. I'm usually free around 10:30, if later in the evening work better for you.I'll prob jump on for some streaming. I've gotten pretty good at Vampire Survivors and will prob have to throw a seizure warning out with some of the builds. Report
September 28Sep 28 comment_93538 I have no ideas for the forum, ive never been a tech guy, however. I would like to play games with yall again. I have not made another friend since gamercide. The little i do play, its with randoms and i dont speak. I miss laughing. Report
September 28Sep 28 comment_93540 I'm totally down for some gaming. What is everyone into lately? I know Dat said he's been mainly consoles. We should definitely plan something... Report
September 30Sep 30 comment_93547 I still play a lot of wow. I have a switch 2 and steam.chicken horse or whatever it is called is a pretty fun online game.the only issue i think is availability for people to all he off Report
Yesterday at 10:59 PM1 day Author comment_93556 I actually have setup a gaming utopia in the hopes of... well, I don't know. Making up for the past 10 years, I guess. I have been playing consoles because it was convenient, but I currently have two PCs side by side down in my.. man cave I guess, but it looks more like some cross of a hoarder, gamer, and electronics nerd. I'd be down to try anything. I do suggest easy entry and easy pick back up because for all my want to continue playing, I can never promise weekend after weekend. Started so many things and never finished them. Maybe I can stop doing that, but I'll pick up anything to play with you all again. The only multiplayer things I've been playing lately is Wildlands and I did start BG3 with MrsBE well over a year ago and didn't get back to.@green grenades Buddy, I can feel you there. I have some work friends that I see at work events, but I honestly haven't made another real friend since you all. I'm fortunate to have my immediate family, but other than you all and a few friends from high school, I can't say I am in touch with anyone. Happy to hop on some time. Even it's just to bullshit and laugh for a day a year. Anything is better than nothing.@Avahra I haven't been in wow in forever, but I did finally manage to unlock my blizzard account after about 3 years. I saw whatever the latest thing was and it looked interesting. What is this chicken horse thing? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now