Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

What A Difference A Video Card Makes

Featured Replies

so this is before a video card

sc2.jpg

and this is after a video was put in today

sc22.jpg

doesnt look as big of a difference when i screenshot it but man its made a HUGE difference

What did you upgrade from and what did you upgrade to?

I have a GeForce 9500, which is a piece of crap. I want to get a new vid card but I don't want to spend a ton of loot. Maybe around $150ish tops. But yeah, the 9500 is NOT a gaming card. It's more of a media card (TV in/out, etc). I have a beast of a PC (Quad Core, 8G Ram, etc), but my video card is bogging me down. I can run Starcraft 2 on mostly medium settings, but I'd like to see it running Ultra..

  • Author

What did you upgrade from and what did you upgrade to?

I have a GeForce 9500, which is a piece of crap. I want to get a new vid card but I don't want to spend a ton of loot. Maybe around $150ish tops. But yeah, the 9500 is NOT a gaming card. It's more of a media card (TV in/out, etc). I have a beast of a PC (Quad Core, 8G Ram, etc), but my video card is bogging me down. I can run Starcraft 2 on mostly medium settings, but I'd like to see it running Ultra..

i went from the onboard graphics from the motherboard to this. it came to like 80 bucks overall and i only paid about 30 because i used my birthday money on it.

looks like if you buy it online you can get it for about 60 though http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now_results_ci.html?id=GFGT220

What did you upgrade from and what did you upgrade to?

I have a GeForce 9500, which is a piece of crap. I want to get a new vid card but I don't want to spend a ton of loot. Maybe around $150ish tops. But yeah, the 9500 is NOT a gaming card. It's more of a media card (TV in/out, etc). I have a beast of a PC (Quad Core, 8G Ram, etc), but my video card is bogging me down. I can run Starcraft 2 on mostly medium settings, but I'd like to see it running Ultra..

Here's a pretty solid guide based on price:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-radeon-hd-geforce-gtx,2676.html

Remember to pay attention to the power requirements. If you bought a factory built machine the PSU doesn't always have the headroom you need for a large upgrade. The list usually has recommendations for lower power draws. There are also links to reviews there for most of the cards. Though, if your PSU can handle it I recommend spending near the top of the budget and going with the 5750 or preferrably the 5770 as it will net you DX11 support and should keep you gaming with pretty good graphics for awhile to come.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.