Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

UFC 117

Featured Replies

With a lackluster fight card, and Chael Sonnen talking enough smack about Anderson Silva to reach almost cartoonish, studio wrestling proportions, I wasn't all that excited to watch.

Boy was I wrong.

This was one of the most entertaining UFC's I've seen. Every fight delivered. Chael Sonnen put on a wrestling clinic against Silva by handily, and easily, winning four of the five rounds the fight was scheduled for. In no way did anyone expect the trash talking Sonnen to take the fight to the current champ the way he did. He completely dominated Silva, dragging him down to the ground and beating him up for four rounds, only to be caught in a triangle/turned into an arm bar at about two minutes into the fifth and final round. :blink:

He had it in the bag. He was beating on Silva when he got caught in that triangle. I'm not a Sonnen fan, but I'm less of a Silva fan. Rematch!

I haven't had a chance to actually sit down and watch it yet. I have it on my DVR, so I will probably have a few friends over and watch it tonight. I've heard from several people it was a great event.

  • Author

It took a few views of the instant replay to be sure. He did like one tap, then went to trying to defend against the arm bar again. When the ref stopped it, he got a little excited, but it was short lived. It was only one tap, but a tap is a tap. When Rogan interviewed him, he was actually surprisingly pretty humble about it. "I did my best, but came up short, so I'm taking home a silver medal today."

He didn't make any excuses, or press the issue that he didn't tap after his initial outburst when the ref stopped the fight. Like I said, I'm not a big Chael Sonnen fan, but I give him some props for his humility during the post fight interview. After all the smack he talked, I expected a lot of drama.

This was, by far, one of the best UFCs I've seen in a while. I was a little disappointing that Roy Nelson lost (I just love that that fat man is actually a decent-good MMA fighter). Also, did anyone else catch the dirty kick Stefan Struve did in his fight? Like as soon as they touched gloves he never even backed off and let loose with a leg kick... I think that made his opponent go ape and then he lost the fight. Definitely lost a lot of respect for Stefan after that. And I think that a rematch between Sonnen and Silva is in order, that was the worst I've ever seen Silva be beaten. Also this definitely makes me think that GSP would wreck Silva in a fight, seeing how effective wrestling is on him.

All in all way better than UFC 116 which was a disappointment to me.

  • Author

Oh yeah. Every fight on that card was a fight of the night. Roy Nelson showed that he can take a beating. He dished some out too. I lol'd at Rogan's commentary.

Mike Goldberg: "Oh! Knee to the stomach!"

Joe Rogan: "Yeah, but he's got all that extra padding, I wonder if he even felt it."

Matt Hughes looked great, Clay Guida's always fun to watch, and Fitch ground out another win in true Jon Fitch style. I did think Struve pulled kind of a cheap move. That very well might be what won him the fight. Still a good one though.

I'd love to watch GSP and Silva fight. I think GSP would destroy Silva. Especially after watching how Sonnen was able to control him and punish him like that.

I agree Pogre. I've been saying that GSP would body Silva and after that, I don't feel any different.

Really like Sonnen's attitude towards the fight and the sport in general. I even forgive the trash talking because he seriously stepped up. Hell of a performance from him.

  • Author
Really like Sonnen's attitude towards the fight and the sport in general. I even forgive the trash talking because he seriously stepped up. Hell of a performance from him.

Yeah, I have a grudging respect for him now. He talked a lot of ****, but he backed up every ounce of it.

"If you stick a mic in front of a guy, and he calls out anyone but the champion, then Joe Silva should mail him a pink slip."

It took a few views of the instant replay to be sure. He did like one tap, then went to trying to defend against the arm bar again. When the ref stopped it, he got a little excited, but it was short lived. It was only one tap, but a tap is a tap. When Rogan interviewed him, he was actually surprisingly pretty humble about it. "I did my best, but came up short, so I'm taking home a silver medal today."

He didn't make any excuses, or press the issue that he didn't tap after his initial outburst when the ref stopped the fight. Like I said, I'm not a big Chael Sonnen fan, but I give him some props for his humility during the post fight interview. After all the smack he talked, I expected a lot of drama.

"i don't celebrate silver medals. i want twelve pounds of gold, and i intend to leave with it."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.