Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

My sister is buying a new laptop

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Laptop is better?

    • Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037 Laptop
      0%
      0
    • Sony VAIO - Model: VPCEB11FM/WI
      66%
      2
    • Other (Explain in a post)
      33%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My sister is looking into buying a new laptop and asked me to enlist the help of my tech informed buddies here at gamercide. This is what she had to say:

"Remember we're not gamers or anything. We just want the laptop to be newer technology.

Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037 Laptop http://www.amazon.co...?tag=slickdeals

OR

Sony VAIO - Model: VPCEB11FM/WI http://www.bestbuy.c...&st=sony%20vaio

EDIT: I'm not sure why some of the text is bold, I can't fix it.

Your second link is brokeded.

The Toshiba looks pretty tight, though I've personally had some issues with mine. If your sister can swing the extra hundo, I highly recommend what I just got.

clicky

It's a beast.

Thanks Pogre, just fixed it.

I didn't mean to post that just yet. I edited a suggestion. oops.

I'd go with the Sony over the Toshiba, i've heard of alot of problems with Toshibas (myself included). Also that HP Pogre recommended is nice as well.

If you're looking to spend around $600 THIS is nice as well, but the sony is what i'd pick.

Your second link is brokeded.

The Toshiba looks pretty tight, though I've personally had some issues with mine. If your sister can swing the extra hundo, I highly recommend what I just got.

clicky

It's a beast.

Definitiely agree here. If she can put in the extra penny, go with the HP. But between those two choices, I would take the Sony over the Toshiba laptop.

Your second link is brokeded.

The Toshiba looks pretty tight, though I've personally had some issues with mine. If your sister can swing the extra hundo, I highly recommend what I just got.

clicky

It's a beast.

Would that be able to run games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion at full settings? I see it only has a 2.13Ghz processor, and Fallout 3 requires 2.4, but I don't know how good the Intel Core i3 is. I'm definitely going to be looking for a good new laptop soon, but probably not until I get a more significant income.

My sister is looking into buying a new laptop and asked me to enlist the help of my tech informed buddies here at gamercide. This is what she had to say:

"Remember we're not gamers or anything. We just want the laptop to be newer technology.

Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5037 Laptop http://www.amazon.co...?tag=slickdeals

OR

Sony VAIO - Model: VPCEB11FM/WI http://www.bestbuy.c...&st=sony%20vaio

EDIT: I'm not sure why some of the text is bold, I can't fix it.

So, no plans to game? Does she do heavy graphics or video editing? Is this thing just to browse the internet, and do word documents, etc? If so then I'd recommend something lower like this Asus Laptop . Save some money and get performance that will be likely too close for her to notice any difference.

Of the two, I'd go for the Sony. Will probably be more reliable in the long run and the keyboard/track-pad will be a lot nicer to use also. Spec wise they're pretty much identical so I'd say it's really just down to weighing up price vs looks & feel.

I'm a bit of an Apple lover so you can probably guess what my "other" suggestion might be. lol

^_^

I have a Toshibe Satellite L505 (I don't think it's the same exact model as you have there), and it's worked fine for me so far. But overall I probably would have went with Sony because of the design.

Would that be able to run games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion at full settings? I see it only has a 2.13Ghz processor, and Fallout 3 requires 2.4, but I don't know how good the Intel Core i3 is. I'm definitely going to be looking for a good new laptop soon, but probably not until I get a more significant income.

It wouldn't be able to run Fallout 3 on anywhere close to full settings. That game pushes even high end gaming desktops.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.