July 27, 201016 yr comment_14838 For the few of us here that actually bought Alan Wake, you get free DLC today if you redeem the card that came with the game. It gives you a free download of the add on titled "The Signal" which cost 560MSP. I just completed it and it was very good.Download Link Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14844 Thanks Elite. I will check into this later. On a side note, I just got my free copy of [PROTOTYPE] in the mail for purchasing Singularity. *thumbs up* Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14847 Thanks Elite. I will check into this later. On a side note, I just got my free copy of [PROTOTYPE] in the mail for purchasing Singularity. *thumbs up* I really enjoyed Prototype, but like inFamous much better for some reason.On topic, I want to pick up Alan Wake but just can't justify yet ANOTHER game purchase right now. My backlog to play through is up to 20 right now and I'm going to pick up The Darkness today at lunch probably. Report
July 27, 201016 yr comment_14875 Thanks for the heads up Elite. I had forgot already! About how long is it? Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14911 Just actually picked up the game today. I so wish I got this at launch, loving it so far. Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14916 Well I just tried to redeem my code that came with the game for the add on and it says that the code was already used Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14923 Oh geez....nevermind. Forgot to check my email to get the token. I tried to use the code that came with the game which I already used to get the token. BLONDE!!!! Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14935 At least you have the DLC! I'll likely stream my playthrough tomorrow. Hope its as good as the main game was. Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14970 Well, now I HAVE to buy the next DLC when it comes out.Sucker. =p Report
July 28, 201016 yr comment_14974 I was worried something like this might happen. It better not be a 'to be continued' ending. Report
July 29, 201016 yr comment_15045 Welllll. I finished it tonight, and needless to say I guessed it. I'm disappointed, but I'll save my full opinion for later when I'm more clearheaded. The DLC is NOT what it should have been though. Report
July 30, 201016 yr comment_15124 I almost forgot to finish this rant. My thoughts of the DLC. Hmm, where to start. I'm very glad I got it for free. Basically I got a rehash of the story that I already knew. The DLC added pretty much nothing to the story. I suppose it barely explained what happened to Alan Wake, but most of that could be picked up from the main game. And a To Be Continued ending? Are you kidding me? I feel like I was given a small taste so I'll buy the next DLC. On to the gameplay. The best way to sum it up is I felt like I was playing Ghostbusters. More enemies, stuff flying at me all the time, birds, all of the above at once. I suppose if you were looking for a more intense gameplay experience then fine, but that's not what I expected out of Alan Wake. I expected survival horror. Not the intense annoying amount of enemies and objects. Anyhow, I won't go more, but I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVED Alan Wake, but the DLC was a major letdown. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.