Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Article Input

Featured Replies

Hey all :)

With the announcement of the Halo Reach console bundle, I decided to work on an article about whether or not video game themed console bundles sway your mind in either buying the game or upgrading your system or both. Please be opinionated as possible and feel free to make comparisons with the different video game themed consoles that have come out.

Remember your opinions/gamertag will be included in the article like when I did the RE series article.

Spanks!

They have never really swayed me much before until the new Halo Reach console came out. I will say out of all the bundles that they have released before, the think the thing that always would attract me a little bit is the extra hard drive space (250 GB). Now that the new console has come out, I can get 250GB without getting a bundle, however the Halo Reach Console is tempting because of my desire for the new console as well as my interest in the game (something that the previous bundles have not done), but I will say this... I plan on sticking with my original plan, get one of the new Xbox's if/when my current one dies. If the bundle is out when that happens, I'll probably get it, if not, then I may just get just a new console, but only if my current one dies.

They definitely do not sway me into buying the game. If I'm even interested in a console bundle, then that means I planned on purchasing the game in the first place. One reason I'm not interested in console bundles; They only give you the regular edition of a game. Example, I plan on purchasing the Legendary edition of Halo Reach, I'm already spending quite a lot of money, doing that puts me in a weird position. Do I want the console bundle, or do I want the Legendary edition? Because I'm not buying both, way too much money. So that generally puts me off on the bundles.

If they were to somehow put the special edition version of the game and the console together into one bundle, then that would sway me into buying it. Until then I couldn't care less about console bundles. Plus I don't need a bigger HDD, when the one I use is nowhere near full, so there is no sense in buying one for the upgrading factor.

I do like the look of the consoles though. :wub:

i stray away from them. after the novelty wore off, you'd be wanting for a classic look.

I thought the Halo 3: ODST controller looked awesome at first, but now that the novelty has worn off and I no longer play the game much, I'm left with a booger green controller that doesn't look as good as I remembered. The Halo: Reach controller does look awesome, however. It's color scheme won't clash with chatpads or battery packs as badly as the ODST controller, either.

I hope to see this article on Gamercide soon, the site is looking sad with only an article or two a month. That's basically the main reasons I felt compelled to do my Deadliest Warrior review. lol That, and it was an awesome game.

In all honesty, I think it's ugly. It looks like a cheap toy, and not a next gen console. With that said, if there was a Lilith(Borderlands) or Joker 360, I'd be all over 'em.

Matte silver looks terrible, though.

avahra.gif

I think many games that have come out with a console bundled are not really worth it, yes I understand it's a valuable thing for most die-hards and I could see myself getting a Gears of War 3 themed one if they weren't so expensive or if I had money to spend. As for this Halo Reach one, it's a lot better than all the other Xbox 360's that have been "limited edition" so I must say if I didn't already own a Xbox 360 Slim and was in love with the Halo: Reach Beta (which I was not) I would purchase it because I needed a new console.

I'm happy with my Elite. Never needed nor wanted more. Besides, my console is in an entertainment center. I'd never really see what makes it different. If I wanted the particular game and it saved money and I didn't already own a console, maybe I'd buy that one...or if the part you can see matched my decor really well and I wasn't planning on painting or anything anytime soon. That's a lot of ifs though.

Normally i dont buy the themed ones, i figure my current one is working fine now so why replace it. im still on the fence about the reach one though, while i do want it im already spending the extra cash on the legendary edition for the game. not sure im gonna be able to afford both the system and the legendary edition

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.