Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Gizmodo declares PS VR "The is the VR system you actually want"

Featured Replies

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/10/playstation-vr-review-this-is-the-vr-system-you-actually-want/

 

So I know that Kotaku and Gizmodo are kind of at odds about this, but considering the investment I still have my preorder and can't wait.  The potential is there and so much cool stuff has been announced.  I am pretty excited about a few games coming out for this and it will be fun to show off in my house and play with friends.

I was underwhelmed by it.  I've now played all 3 of the major VR platforms and have found problems with all 3 of them.  Not a knock on being excited for any of them.  They are great experiences for sure, just not quite what I would want for gaming.  Hopefully since it's in its infancy, devs can get some cool stuff going.

Also got the opportunity to mess with HoloLens and quite frankly, THAT is the one I would choose.  However that one is as far away from a consumer level product as you can get right now.

I'll probably sit out the first generation and hopefully everyone will improve in the next year or 2.  Ahh, hell, I don't know who I'm kidding.  I'll keep my preorder as well and have PSVR sit on the shelf with the rest of the stuff I buy.

  • Author

Yeah, I know it's not going to be like "OMG VRz IS AMAZEBALLZ" level of crazy, like Lawnmower Man type immersion, but I'm still way more excited for it than I ever was for Kinect and whatnot.  It's just cool.  I'll probably end up using it more for things like watching a huge cinema style screen movie (something about 224" screen possibility which sounded cool?), but who knows what will happen. 

It's just something that I really want to try.  Crap, waaaaaaaaaay back in the 90's I had the chance to play that Dactyl Nightmare game with my older brother on a vacation I went on with my family.  I've been fascinated ever since.

  • Author

I dunno.  You're really right PK however and I'm not going to say I wasn't impressed with them, but I want to say that this is like a different level of impressed for me.  I fired up EVE Valkyrie last night and about lost my mind.  Maybe it's just cause it's new but wow. 

My woman tried the shark tank thing and said it was like "like Disney world".  

So yeah, I know it's a gimmick but it's one thing I'd really like to see take off.  Is PS VR the highest end?  Absolutely not, but it's totally an affordable way to have a crazy awesome VR experience.  Kind of middle of the road which, for me, is totally ok!

I'm sure people's mileage may vary, but I give it the panda seal of approval.

Now we need to eventually integrate haptic feedback somehow down the road. Remember that Novint Falcon thing I reviewed years and years ago?  Pulling multiple technologies together is going to send this over the top I feel!

  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to skip this first generation of VR, but if I was going to jump in, this is where I would start. Mainly due to the fact that it's a console so it should not be a huge tweaking nightmare trying to get everything going. Plug in, play a game.  Still, unless I get a crazy wild impulse buy, I'll be sitting this one out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.