October 2, 201610 yr comment_90362 That meal looks great Ava. Also looks like a lot of work! Usually worth the prep though. Report
October 3, 201610 yr Author comment_90363 It took a little over an hour start to finish. I honestly didn't think it was that much work lol Report
October 3, 201610 yr comment_90364 Maybe it just looks like more work than it is. An hour isn't bad at all. Report
November 3, 20169 yr comment_90482 Jesus, you guys are fancy. Mine are: oatmeal rice ok there you go have fun with those recipes Report
December 12, 20169 yr Author comment_90641 I have to be in the mood for oatmeal to eat oatmeal. It's not a mood I'm often in Report
December 13, 20169 yr comment_90642 I will post with pics my go to meal for New Years eve, Prime Rib, its super easy but I think a lot of people get anxious making it because they don't want to make a mistake. Report
December 16, 20169 yr comment_90644 I'd like to have this recipe. I've never made a Prime Rib. Would be a good one to have. Report
December 31, 20169 yr comment_90658 Ok I created a Google Album with the pics here is the link, First select your prime rib bone in or bone out doesn't matter mine was just over 8 pounds figure about a pound per person, next season it, I only use crushed/minced garlic and a steakhouse seasoning use whatever you want even if its just salt and pepper, coat the entire prime rib well and let it sit in refrigerator for at least 6 hours 12-24 is best. You will need a cooking thermometer whatever kind you want I use a cheap metal one but insert the probe int o the middle/thickest part of the roast I place my roast on a broiling pan (see pics) which you can add water underneath I put in about 2 inches of water if you don't have one then try just a wire rack on a cookie sheet, basically you don't want the roast just sitting on a cookie sheet it cooks the side its sitting on faster. Turn your oven on to 250 degrees if it can go lower like 225 you can do that basically you are warming the roast up to 135-140 degrees that is Rare and takes some time, my roast took almost 3 hours. Once the roast is at the internal temp of 135-140 remove from oven and let sit for 20 min don't cut into it or anything yet let it rest, while it is sitting turn your oven up to its highest temperature 500-550 after 20 min put the roast back in the oven for 10 min this gives it a nice crispy out side without raising the internal temp much. I also create my Au Jus during this time with just some packet mix and some of the drippings, after removing from the over transfer to a cutting board and slice and serve it will be awesome!! Now if you don't like rare or medium rare Prime rib first there is something wrong with you second just make enough Au Jus about 4 cups or 2 packets worth and boil it if someone wants their cut cooked more put it in the boiling Au Jus and it will cook it till med or med well or heaven forbid well done which now roast beef and not Prime rib. Any way enjoy this is easy and turns out restaurant quality let me know if you cant see the pics but you should be able to https://goo.gl/photos/Z3R8VMRUseAm3n3f7 Edit: if you have leftovers referigerate then thin slice it and you have some great roast beef sandwiches Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90662 Sounds and looks absolutely amazing. I'm going to have to make this for sure. Thanks for sharing! Report
January 1, 20179 yr comment_90664 Instantly made me hungry. Thanks! lol Seriously, though ... that looks fantastic. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.