August 24, 201610 yr comment_90160 At this point, I'm sure everyone knows about this Netflix series. If you haven't seen it, I can't speak highly enough of this show. If you enjoy an 80's feel and setting, this show is for you. The Duffer Brothers aren't afraid to wear their love for things like E.T., Stephen King, Stand By Me, The Goonies, Dungeons and Dragons, and NUMEROUS other 80's influences on their sleeves. Each episode gets better and better as you try and figure out what is going on. You get invested with the main characters so much. The acting is amazing from a cast of kids that WILL be all stars. Also, Winona Ryder deserves so much credit for her role here. Again, if you're a fan of the 80's, this is a full on return to form for her and will get her more work. Deservedly so. Just a great show. Give it a watch. Trust 'ol Spawn, he won't steer you wrong. Report
August 24, 201610 yr comment_90164 I enjoyed the hell out of it. Wasn't a fan of Winona in it, however. I wanted to, though. Miss seeing her in roles. Report
August 24, 201610 yr comment_90165 I'm with Spawn on this one. Absolutely loved this series. Probably one of my favorites in a long time. I'm not sure if I liked how it ended. If it provides me a quality second season I'll be happy. Report
August 25, 201610 yr Author comment_90171 I do fear that the series is reaching the over saturation point and I really hope the Duffer Bros. don't let it go to their heads and let the series suffer. Rumor is Stephen King writing for the 2nd season is kind of cool. I'm cautiously excited for its return. Report
August 25, 201610 yr comment_90178 I couldn't agree more. I just think it could have been epic and stuck with you longer if they hadn't ended with that one hint at the end. Report
September 1, 201610 yr Author comment_90226 Season 2 FINALLY announced. I mean, we knew it was coming but it wasn't official yet. Thank you Netflix: So, the trailer has episode names and they are as follows: 1.Mad Max 2.The Boy Who Came Back to Life 3.The Pumpkin Patch 4.The Palace 5.The Storm 6.The Pollywoog 7.The Secret Cabin 8.The Brain 9.The Lost Brother The Duffer Brothers also dropped a few hints at what is to come: Quote We obviously have this gate to another dimension, which is still very much open in the town of Hawkins. And a lot of questions there in terms of, if the Monster is dead, was it a singular monster? What else could be out there? We really don’t go in there much until they go in to find Will at the end. So we’ve opened up this doorway, and to us it’s exciting to talk about, like, what else is behind there? There’s a lot more mystery there to be solved. They also cited James Cameron as a big influence in their thought process for season 2. It makes perfect sense when you think about Cameron's sequel resume of Aliens and T2: Judgement Day (Which is getting a 3D re-release). As you can probably tell, I'm super damn excited for this season to hit next year. Report
September 1, 201610 yr comment_90232 Oh hell yes! This is great news. I really hope they pull off another great season. Has a lot of potential there to be even better. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.