April 6, 201016 yr comment_1397 Thanks to everyone who participated.Winners are: CodyNickAwe4Some Ok, now bear with me. I know this sounds a little crazy. "Duke Nukem 3D for the PC? But its available for my XBOX!?" Yes, it sure is, for 10 dollars US with nothing added to it except native support for online DM and coop. This alone is probably worth the extra premium for the sake of ease, but the PC version is where its at. I will explain further.GOG.com has this title for 5.99US, and I would guarantee the same quality game you get from the Xbox will certainly work for your PC for less. "But this is a Giveaway, who cares what it costs?" Good point! On to my next point! The game for the PC has plenty of mods! Yes, that's right! Mods! Mainly eduke32 and the High Resolution Pack. This brings Duke into a more modern era without losing any of the feel of the original! eduke32 is what does a lot of the heavy lifting in making Duke Nukem 3d playable on modern PCs with little to no setup at ALL resolutions!Finally, this little program called YANG allows very easy over the internet multiplayer with up to 8 players DM and 4 player COOP.Ok, now on to the giveaway. Ends April 17th. Possibility of earlier drawingsI am going to give away 3 copies of Duke Nukem from GOG.com. This includes a DRM free copy of the original that installs DOSBox for seamless play on newer computers. ( I know its DRM free and that's part of why I'm supporting them by buying individual copies from GOG.com for each winner ) and these features from GOG.com : manual (25 pages), hi-res wallpapers, Duke SMS tones, artworks, & avatar. The Duke SMS tones are particularly great as the are almost every saying and sound in the game!Finally, I will help anyone interested in setting up all the mods. Particularly eduke32 as that is what brings the game up to date and makes it easily playable at any resolution and with full keyboard, mouse, and joystick support. ( Trust me, its easy )All you have to do to enter is post a Duke saying to be entered in the random drawing. That's it. They of course can be repeats, but try to use new ones! There are a lot more than you would think.Finally, for those skeptical of the PC version, just check out a look at the game with mods: I'm doing this in part to get some more people ready to game on the PC, and in part because Duke Nukem is awesome! If I have a lot of entries I will up the giveaway to 6 copies. Also, I know I'm in a giveaway frenzy, and this will be the last thing for awhile. But dangit, I'm excited for Gamercide! Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1425 "Come get some!"Love me some Nukem! I used to have the PC demo ages ago and used the poop RPG mod and the nuke pipebomb. So much fun. lol*edit* Removing my entry, since I won the PC Borderlands contest. Edited April 11, 201016 yr by PeeKnuckle Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1472 Holy crap dude... great contest!Since I know this will run on my laptop and I have not played the game... I think this will be me saying that I am going to enter. Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1478 Holy crap dude... great contest!Since I know this will run on my laptop and I have not played the game... I think this will be me saying that I am going to enter.Awesome! Hopefully others understand this too! I feel safe saying the game will run on practically anyone's PC now. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1480 Not an entry, but my favorite line in the game (or demo at least, as that's all I've ever played lol):"I'm here to kick a ss and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."Even though Duke Nukem stole it from the movie They Live. lolEDIT: Eh, I guess I may as well enter since it has low system requirements and stuff, and I've never played it. Thanks for the contest, Dat. Everyone knows that's where the quote came from for the past 15 years. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1489 But I guess it also helps if I follow instructions... that what I get for playing fallout while browsing the forums. /facepalm"Your face, your ***, what's the difference?" Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1826 "HOLY COW!" (duke nukem quote)let me in this competition!... if one of us win, there are two more chances. Edited April 14, 201016 yr by Awe4Some Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1920 cool contest ...."Duke Nukem: My name's Duke Nukem. After some few days of R&R, I'll be ready for some more action! Woman: Aww, come back to bed, Duke! I have ready for some action, nowww! " Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_2052 Little pig, Little pig let me in? Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll kick your *** in! Report
April 10, 201016 yr comment_2547 [after entering a back room in Duke Burger] Nobody messes with my meat! Report
April 10, 201016 yr comment_2632 "*****'in!" "It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum." Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4133 Well, today just sprung up on me. I guess this is the last chance to get your entries in. I'll do the drawing this afternoon. Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4166 Alright. The time is upon us. Here is the list of participants. I'm going to give this another hour or two. So, one last chance to enter. Also, let me know if I missed anyone!1 AudaciousKevin2 Skylark953 Nick4 Awe4Some5 Kira Onime6 green grenades 7 sedington868 Cody Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4178 First Copy goes to Cody! PM me with your email address and the copy will be on its way! Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4179 1 AudaciousKevin2 Skylark953 Nick4 Awe4Some5 Kira Onime6 green grenades 7 sedington86Nick is the winner of the second Copy! Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4181 1 AudaciousKevin2 Skylark954 Awe4Some5 Kira Onime6 green grenades 7 sedington86Awe4Some wins the 3rd and final copy! I'll send PM's out to everyone who won. I'll need email address's to get the game to you. To the rest of you, don't despair. You can get a copy here:http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_editionfor only 6 dollars.Thanks to everyone who participated! Report
April 17, 201016 yr comment_4183 Awesome contest, Dat. Thanks for throwing this one, and the others. We appreciate it very much.Congratulations to all the winners. Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_4192 Losers get a slice of that pizza?I'll mail a slice to anyone that REAALLY wants me to. Report
April 17, 201016 yr comment_4196 Here's some mods for your new game.http://www.gog.com/en/forum/duke_nukem_series/duke_nukem_3d_modsDamn Report
April 18, 201016 yr comment_4262 Good past 2 weeks. Weird cause I haven't done anything to deserve it I don't think? Something bad is bound to come way way. Thanks for the opportunity and the prize dat. It really means alot to me. I love everyone here at GC . No homo. Report
April 18, 201016 yr comment_4278 Losers get a slice of that pizza?Sausage please. lolThanks for the contest daternoth! Report
April 18, 201016 yr Author comment_4287 You all are very welcome. Hope you enjoy! Let me know and we'll get a multiplayer game going sometime! All of the Duke's have been sent. Check your email! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.