Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Server Upgrade to v4.1

Featured Replies

  • Author

I managed to get a test forum up and running with the latest version.

I have to say, it's a fairly big change to the overall look and function of the site. I'm going to try and get the skinning and other various stuff done on the test server before migration.

It's hard to say how well everything will transfer over. I know the friends lists are going to be lost. The new list type auto notifies of posts of anyone on your follow i.e. 'Friends List'

Not sure how the front page stuff will hold up either. Going to run some tests to find out, but hopefully I can at least archive what's there.

Anyway, point being, at some point I will need to shut the server down again and due the migration. I will try to keep the board up this time, but I will have to disable posting to prevent loss of data.

I'll give a bit more heads up when I try again.

Maybe a little change won't be such a bad thing.

  • Author

Took a different route. Transferred the entire database and got it upgraded on the test forum. It's an even bigger change than I thought.

Going to try and do most of the tweaks on the test forum so I can minimize the down time here. It did take about 2 hours to do the full upgrade though. So there will be some down time for sure.

Anyone have preference on a theme? This one will be gone when I upgrade. The default is a lighter look. I've found some good dark skins though.

  • Author

I like the darker themes as well.

At first there won't be much. I just need to get it updated and the basics working.

However, I will need help squashing bugs, and finding missing stuff. There is going to be quite a bit of he current design lost.

So, input on what we would like to see return etc.

One thing I would like to know, do we still want to keep the front page articles? I thought about leaving access to old content, but otherwise doing a complete redesign.

  • Author

Yeah I know. Hell, I'm barely here myself. Can't give up on the ole girl though. Just time for a redirection.

I've also been working on getting a server up to run game servers. Not playing anything at the moment, but I wouldn't mind throwing some of the classics back online.

Either way, I like working on this stuff. Just won't be as fast as I use to be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.