Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mad Max: Fury Road

Featured Replies

I will definitely go see this . Excited for the game as well.

There's a lot more story than you're giving it credit for Dat.  It just doesn't center around Max.  This is atop my list of favorite films.  Best pure action movie I've seen in forever.  Simply amazing film and deserves every bit of the 98% it sits at on Rotten Tomatoes.

  • Author

This is true. There is a lot of story there.  Don't know how to explain what I mean. Really felt like it was told through visuals and not as many words.  I know there's plenty of dialogue, but it felt like more of the story was told outside of the dialogue.

Though there's a lot of story involved in the setting, what happens in the film itself is relatively low in plot (if you break it down to the basics, woman fleeing with escaped "brides", Max getting caught up, etc.) and mostly amounts to a two hour series of massive, awesome car chases.  It was pretty great though.  And Hardy really pulled off the mad part of Max well, I thought.  Not too over the top, but also not too subtle.  I kept hoping for more exposition on his past, but it seems there are already sequels planned.

That's the thing, Max's story has already been told in the original films. It's not a reboot of the franchise by any means, just a continuation. We don't really need to go through his stuff again. I'm guessing their thought is, want to see more about Max? Go buy the new box set we released. Which I did. Now I wonder if I needed yet another copy of the originals?

If I have one complaint, it's that Mel didn't come back to play him. Understandable at his age with the stunts required, but Hardy didn't quite get the part right. Then again, it wasn't really about him this time. Damn amazing film though. Best of the year and close to one of the best of all time. Sequel has a title already (Mad Max: The Wasteland), but that's about it. Miller said he has the idea and just needs to get it written.

  • Author

I agree with Spawn about Max. What I've always liked about him is the way the story revolves around him without him wanting it. All he ever wants to do is survive, but he always gets wrapped up with his situation and his conscience takes over. He exists in a world full of insane people and those situation he gets into that keeps his last bit of sanity, I think. Fantastic movie.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.