March 5, 201511 yr comment_86973 Harmonix and Mad Catz are bringing Rock Band 4 to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Details: It will be on PS4 and Xbox OneHarmonix intends it to be fully backwards-compatible with ALL plastic instruments you may have already bought back in the mid-late '00s, and is working with Microsoft and Sony to make this a realityAll the DLC you bought for last-gen versions of Rock Band will be carried over (again, depending on the platform holders' co-operation)There will be new instruments to buy if you want to buy them, and people who pre-order them will get exclusive coloursThe new controllers will be largely similar in size and shape to the old ones, as Harmonix still has a relationship with Fender, but they will be identical in functionality: no new bells and whistlesIt's no longer being published by EA – instead, Harmonix is partnering with Mad Catz both to manufacture the new instruments and to distribute the boxed gameRock Band 4 is intended to be a platform that lasts for years rather than the first step in another sequence of yearly releases. It will be continuously updated with new songs, modes, and anything else the community wantsIt will be out during summerThis is great news. Only problem is, I don't own an Xbox One and all my Rock Band songs are on my Xbox 360. Guess I'll be buying an Xbox One this summer. Guess it was inevitable anyway. Report
March 5, 201511 yr comment_86974 Just got an email about this from MadCatz. Looks like they're making controllers (instrument). Glad to see Rock Band putting out another game. I know a handful of people who are super happy today. Report
March 5, 201511 yr Author comment_86977 Mad Catz is actually going to distribute the physical copies of the game with Harmonix, as well as make the instruments. Pretty great stuff. Report
March 5, 201511 yr comment_86978 I kinda wish I owned Rock Band back when it was popular and this new release looks cool but I just don't see myself getting a "next gen" console. Report
March 22, 201511 yr comment_87209 That reminds me. I think I have a plastic band worth of instruments stashed in the house somewhere. Have to admit, it was a fun time at parties. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.