Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

"Choose Your Own Adventure" series creator, R.A. Montgomery, dead at 78

Featured Replies

Sad news.  The original creator of the Choose Your Own Adventure series of books has passed away this previous Sunday at the age of 78. 

 

R. A. Montgomery began creating what has now become the 4th best selling childrens series of all time in 1977 with the release of Journey Under the Sea.

 

cyoa002o.jpg

 

 

I have to admit for me this is sad because when I was growing up I friggin' LOVED these books and read them over and over.  Sure, I would cheat sometimes and try to backwards figure out the best way to "get through" the books but they were really fun. 

 

Anyone else grow up with these books?  Did you have any favorites?

 

I loved ones like The Forbidden Castle, The Dragon's Den, Spy for George Washington, Space Patrol and also The Third Planet from Altair.

Had the first editions of 1-10 until a leaky roof ruined them in '95.

My favorite was the cave of time .. or deadwood city.

Thought of making a app version of my own writing, but my programmers decided they would rather not work and my company ended before it started.

  • Author

Had the first editions of 1-10 until a leaky roof ruined them in '95.

My favorite was the cave of time .. or deadwood city.

Thought of making a app version of my own writing, but my programmers decided they would rather not work and my company ended before it started.

 

Actually, that would be a pretty awesome app and saves a lot of page turning!  Could have cool little illustrations or moving pictures and stuff as well. 

Sad news for sure.

Wouldn't bevesa need it to be an app. Choose Yiur Own adventure stuff has been on iBooks for a while. It's why I bought NPH's autobiography on there.

Sad news indeed!  I use to love reading these type of books as kid.  It was so exciting!  Jason has a few of his books in the basement.  I'm not sure if they are the first edition ones or not, but I know they looked and smelled really old.  I remember finding them as we were packing things when we moved...in fact I think he has that Journey Under The Sea one you posted the image of Chris.

Actually, that would be a pretty awesome app and saves a lot of page turning!  Could have cool little illustrations or moving pictures and stuff as well.

Exactly where i wanted to go with it. Some pages would have a small audio file that would play like lightning or a creaky door to correspond to the page.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.