November 11, 201411 yr comment_85795 Anyone else planning on picking this game up or checking it out? I'll be grabbing my copy later and I'll let you know what I think Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_85811 Maybe once it drops under 20$.I'm getting really tired of this series and the story seems to be going nowhere.I've also have yet to be attached to any character since Ezio. I just want the story to come to an end. Report
November 12, 201411 yr comment_85813 Picked it up. Played it for an hour or so...It's not good. Very, very pretty, but not good. Took it back and put the money towards other stuff. No time for mediocre games any more. Report
November 12, 201411 yr comment_85814 I, sadly, own most of these but have played only the first two. Lost interest with those two weird intermediate ones. Brotherhood and Revelations I think. I really do want to pick up after those and give the series another go. Report
November 12, 201411 yr comment_85815 Just skip straight to 4 Dat and stop after that. 4 is the best iteration since Brotherhood, so far. Report
November 12, 201411 yr comment_85820 I, sadly, own most of these but have played only the first two. Lost interest with those two weird intermediate ones. Brotherhood and Revelations I think.I really do want to pick up after those and give the series another go. It's after revelations that the series starts going downhill.Revelations really was Brotherhood but with a new paintjob. Still a good game just to finish the Ezio trilogy. 3.... let's not even speak about it. 4... eh. Edward, the assassin, really has no motivation to be an assassin and just kinda finds the robe and wears it cause it was all he had. Really doesn't give a shit for more than half the game. Good mechanics but no memorable characters. Report
November 12, 201411 yr Author comment_85822 I read reviews yesterday and ended up NOT picking it up. I'm glad I waited. I think I may Gamefly it. Going to save my money for next week's GTA and Dragon Age. Sad though, really wanted to see this be good. Report
November 12, 201411 yr comment_85834 Well I'm certainly enjoying it. The series has never been about creating an entirely new gameplay system every iteration, that would be kind of crazy. Sure the gameplay is roughly the same. Although there are new additions like a dedicated button to climb down objects while running. This might not sound like much, but it makes the simple act of dropping seamlessly from ledges until you reach street level much easier. The cooperative components are fun as well from what I've played so far. I enjoy it more than the versus modes from previous games, though I've always preferred co-op to competitive. Where it really shines, as with any major game in the series, is presenting a new historical setting. The cities are very detailed, and there's a lot to explore. I honestly don't see what could be so negative in the reviews. The worst I've seen is a couple minor bugs, mostly things like an NPC glitching out once in a while (which is bound to happen with so many on screen). Report
November 13, 201411 yr comment_85836 I can only speak for PS4, but the frame rate is shit. No matter what is happening it just chugs along. It eventually catches up, but it's terrible. The new controls I hated, but could've gotten used to using, however they are unresponsive as hell, just like every other iteration of this damn series. It's all so stupid dull. There's nothing interesting going on at all.All in all, games like Shadow of Mordor ruin mediocre games. It's bad when Ubi's last gen game is better that their next gen offering. Reviews are all personal preference for sure, but man they've pretty well nailed all my issues with Unity. Report
November 13, 201411 yr comment_85838 Read a handful of reviews. Optimization is shit unless you're on a 970-80.Some previous basic abilities are now character upgrades?Real money trading for in-game currency?I hear they're moving away more and more for the original in-game "real life" characters. I don't even think I want to play it even if its offered to me. Report
November 13, 201411 yr Author comment_85848 My issue that I don't want to deal with is the terrible frame rates. I bought a PS4 to not deal with that sort of stuff. If it gets patched and fixed in a bunch of areas I'm absolutely willing to try it but I don't want an exercise in frustration for right now. Glad to hear it's decent though on other levels though Kevin! Thanks for the input. Report
November 13, 201411 yr comment_85864 SO apparently there's a user found fix for the framerate problems...... Disconnect from the internet entirely when playing the game, goes for all consoles. Report
November 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85870 SO apparently there's a user found fix for the framerate problems...... Disconnect from the internet entirely when playing the game, goes for all consoles. That's probably because the game is constantly attempting to connect to the ubi servers to throw the BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW microtransaction crap at you along with the idiocy of having to use their companion app or whatever to open chests. /facepalm I still want to play though. Thanks for the info Kira. Report
November 27, 201411 yr comment_85991 Apparently I get a free game since I own the broken season pass from the gold edition. I'll get either Watchdogs or Far Cry 4.The games are:The CrewFar Cry 4Watch DogsAssassin’s Creed Black FlagRayman LegendsJust Dance 2015http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm%3A152-186654-16&ct=tcm%3A148-76770-32http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32That's pretty awesome. The issues hadn't really affected me too much since I haven't had much time to play the game anyways. EDIT: As I suspected, Watchdogs just went on sale (actually I didn't expect it to happen the same day I was thinking about it though), so I just bought it. I'll use this to get Far Cry 4 since I keep hearing you guys say how good it is. Report
November 28, 201411 yr comment_86000 Far cry 4 is the way to go anyway. Watchdogs is ok, but nothing to write home about. Report
December 19, 201411 yr comment_86189 The website to redeem your free game if you bought the ACU Season Pass or ACU Gold Edition is now live.https://acu.ubi.com/It's super simple, I just redeemed Far Cry 4, and they e-mailed me a Steam key. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.