April 17, 201412 yr comment_83678 Took my grandmother to see it the other weekend. The summary comes off a little Hunger gamey but its not like that at all. I recommend seeing it. Well worth the money and it even hints at a sequel. Report
April 17, 201412 yr comment_83680 The first 2 books were good, I havent read the last one yet and the movie looks decent, I will probably wait till DVD though on this one. Report
April 18, 201412 yr comment_83681 I saw it with my girlfriend and while I enjoyed it, it def seemed like a money grab at Hunger Game fans. Eerily similar plot lines. Both are set in Utopian societies where people are separated into separate ares/classes, both have some annual ritual to keep society constant, both have strong heroine characters who go against the grain, gain the attention of the leader of the country and threaten to ignite all out civil war. Similar to the first Hunger games, the movie clearly has ambition but lacked the financial support to make it as ambitious as possible. Hopefully if this movie is successful enough they'll be able to make a sequel with better sets, cgi, ect. Overall an entertaining movie, just very much lacks originality and the budget support that really could have fleshed it out. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.