Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Terrible, no good, bad news. Facebook announces it's buying Oculus Rift for $2 Billion

Featured Replies

  • Author

Also pissed about the deal is Notch, of Minecraft fame. 

 

He previously had a deal with Oculus to bring a VR version of the game to the device.  This will not happen directly anymore with help from Notch, although apparently some mods can allow you to the play the game with the Rift.

 

http://kotaku.com/notch-says-hes-canceled-oculus-rift-minecraft-because-1551568311

 

 

We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out.

— Markus Persson (@notch) March 25, 2014

  • Author

hahaha, nice Kira.

 

Seriously though.  With FB's track record for being the industry leader for protecting your privacy (/sarcasm), combined with gratuitous ad-placement and NSA surveillance bullcrap, I can see this being the absolute worst case scenario. 

 

 

Not only that, but they just bought that WhatsApp compary or whatever for something like $19 billion?  And Oculus is somehow worth only $2?  Meh.

hahaha, nice Kira.

 

Seriously though.  With FB's track record for being the industry leader for protecting your privacy (/sarcasm), combined with gratuitous ad-placement and NSA surveillance bullcrap, I can see this being the absolute worst case scenario. 

 

 

Not only that, but they just bought that WhatsApp compary or whatever for something like $19 billion?  And Oculus is somehow worth only $2?  Meh.

 

 

I think it was 16.

 

Still rediculous.

Honestly, I'm just a bit disappointed that they "sold-out" and didn't even let their backers know. I mean obviously they couldn't have known from the start, but the stance the general public has on the company is no secret and they were CROWD-FUNDED.

 

I say, prove us wrong or the bitching will continue and the support will dry up like so many turds under the sun.

  • Author

Well said Evildawg.  There is huge uproar on kickstarter as well and tons of people calling for refunds, etc.  I mean I understand the basis of Kickstarter and you're pretty much just "donating" money and not "investing" in something, but it's still kind of a huge slap in the face.

Well, you really can't blame them for selling for 2 BILLION dollars. That being said, it really does suck for those who had high hopes for this. 

 

The fact is that Facebook has absolutely no faith in the long-term success with their site and are using their money to buyout smaller businesses to pad their losses and possibly find alternative ways to generate cash flow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.