Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I'm Looking for a Scare

Featured Replies

Yea, like the title says, I wanna be scared. And not just jumpy scared, I mean, OH-MY-GOD-WHAT-THE-****-WAS-THAT scared, or psychological thrillers. Any suggestions? 360 or OBOX are fine. So far I'm looking at Condemned 1 and 2, Alan Wake (more of a psychological thriller I've heard), and Dead Space. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you have any sort of decent computer. Look up Penumbra Overture

http://store.steampo....com/app/22180/

  • OS: XP/Vista
  • Processor: 1.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 256MB(XP)
  • Graphics: Radeon 8500 / Geforce 3(MX4 Not supported)
  • Hard Drive: 800MB Free Space
  • Sound: Soundblaster compatible

That game was freaky as hell. It's a survival horror so its expected, but it is PC only so understand if you can't run it.

Here is the free game that inspired its creation:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_14416.shtml

Try is out first if you want an idea if you can run the other one or not.

http://www.penumbragame.com/

Otherwise I'm not really sure what to recommend for the XBOX. Another good one for PC is Clive Barker's Undying.

The Suffering was an Obox game, but it's backwards compatible. Probably super cheap, too. It has some great moments in it.

:Approve:I love that game. The Suffering 2 Ties that Bind is good as well.

Dead Space is definitely a great game. It does a great job of setting up a creepy atmosphere, too.

I don't think there's an Obox version, so you'd have to play it on PS2 or Gamecube/Wii, but Resident Evil 4 had some good, tense moments. More tense than creepy/scary though, due to the restricted player movement when aiming (an admittedly cheap method to make a game more tense, but it's still a good game).

Ive never found a game on Xbox that i cant beat because it is too scary, but there is a game for PS2 that i can only get 30% though before i crap my pants and give up. The games name is Echo Night Beyond, not even funny how much it made me cry.

  • Author

Well, I picked up both Condemned 1 and 2 today for $15 total. I have to say, they easily fulfilled my need to be scared. I highly recommend both.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.