July 8, 201016 yr comment_13102 Rockstar has just announced 4 new DLC packs for Red Dead Redemption. Here they are:Legend and Killers pack (800 Microsoft Points/ $9.99) August 2010Nine new multiplayer map locationsEight new multiplayer characters, including some from Red Dead Revolver (The first Red Dead game.)New projectile weapon, The Tomahawk, with corresponding multiplayer and single-player challengesNew Achievements and TrophiesLiars and Cheats -- Launch date TBD (800 MS Points / $9.99) Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challengesNew multiplayer horse races, with mounted combatPlay as "the heroes and villains" of Red Dead Redemption, as well as eight new multiplayer charactersMultiplayer versions of Liar's Dice and Poker from the single-player gameNew weapon, The Explosive Rifle, with corresponding multiplayer and single-player challengesNew Achievements and TrophiesFree Roam -- Launch date TBD (Price TBD)Additional Free Roam challengesNew action areas and defensive placementsPosse scoring and leaderboardsNew anti-griefing measures in Free RoamUndead Nightmare -- Launch date TBD (800 MS Points / $9.99) New single-player adventure, challenges and questsEight new multiplayer zombie charactersAdditional animals to huntNew dynamic events "and more" SourceNew details have been announced, thought I would post em here:We are excited to bring you our next packs, starting with the September 21st 2010 debut of our Free Roam release: the Liars and Cheats Pack, which focuses on expanding the Free Roam multiplayer experience as well as adding new modes to Competitive Multiplayer.The Liars and Cheats Pack will contain a great range of new highly-requested features to expand the Free Roam world including Multiplayer Poker and Liar’s Dice, as well as a brand new Competitive Multiplayer gameplay mode. The Liars and Cheats Pack will also include the content previously announced as the Free Roam Pack. The Free Roam Pack was originally planned as a free download, but due to the platform networks’ restrictions on numbers of free packs we can give away (and our promise to bring you the free Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack – more on that below), we have instead added it to the Liars and Cheats Pack as one Free Roam release boasting the following features and more: Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice Games One of the most fan-requested features comes to multiplayer. Multiplayer Horse Races Ride out against your friends and foes online - with mounted combat guns blazing. The Explosive Rifle A devastatingly destructive new weapon with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges. 7 New Gang Hideouts Posse up and take on the new Hideouts together to level up quickly. 4 New Hunting Grounds New Hunting Grounds are now visible on the map for all to see, with some of the most action-packed wildlife hunting yet. Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode Teams take turns in attack and defense in multi-tiered Competitive games. Posse Scoring and Leaderboards Compare stats with other posses and compete to see who are the kings of the Free Roam frontier. Plus, 15 additional multiplayer characters from the Red Dead Redemption storyline are being made available as multiplayer characters, and more all-new Achievements and Trophies. This pack will be released on September 21st worldwide for download on both PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points). Stay tuned for lots more detail on the content in this pack including first screens and more. Then, later this fall, we will be presenting our original mostly Single-Player DLC release: the Undead Nightmare Pack. Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. In addition to the lengthy single-player adventure, The Undead Nightmare Pack features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location. All this, plus some new multiplayer modes and much more to be revealed in the weeks ahead. The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available simultaneously for download via PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points). We'll have lots more info soon. Additionally, we are going to be bringing you some free downloadable goodies in the next few weeks including the anticipated Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack which will give everyone the Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter Outfits and related Challenges, plus special compatibility to enable everyone online to see the Red Dead Revolver multiplayer character skins being used by those who have purchased any of the DLC – we will have full details on this very soon. Source Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13103 Not to happy with a lot of that, I mean surely the 9 new mulitplayer maps are just unedited areas in the game already like all the other multiplayer maps, and multiplayer of the minigames from single player is nice....but I still feel that should have been there in the first place, something they should have learned from GTA4. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13105 Not liking what I'm seeing here. They have all of that planned, and yet they are releasing most of them for 800 points? Even if they are released a good distance apart , they should either be 400 or 560 points, or come in pairs, in my opinion. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13106 Also, im sure after these packs come out, 50% of the community will have the John Marston skin, 40% the Red Harlow skin, and 10% other in free roam, lol. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13107 Also, im sure after these packs come out, 50% of the community will have the John Marston skin, 40% the Red Harlow skin, and 10% other in free roam, lol.I'd use a zombie skin. If I only get one of these DLC packs, it would probably be Undead Nightmare. The rest I'll just wait to go down in price or appear in a Deal of the Week. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13109 Big bleh from me so far.Poker and characters are already in the game. We seen some of the marshals played in a Rockstar video.I'm also worried when they roll these out, that the game will get fubar'd again, like last time. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13110 Probably just the Undead pack for me, maybe, then i'll wait and see if they put them all out on a disk and wait for a good sale on that. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13114 The first one really bothers me.More map locations for multiplayer, which I'll never use, since I don't play those. New characters. I believe these are already on the disc. I already felt the Legend characters were sub par. So, give us new ones and make us pay for them? Brilliant.Tomahawk weapon. This I like. For $10, though? No. My character is and will always be, Indian. I should have this already.So if I were to purchase this, it'd be for one weapon. That's all I'd be using from it. Report
July 8, 201016 yr Author comment_13115 Some of its interesting, most of it kinda sucks. I agree. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13121 Free Roam one sounds pretty good if it's stupid cheap or free. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13130 Free Roam one sounds pretty good if it's stupid cheap or free.That guy who tried to grief us last night, wishes that free roam pack was already out. lol Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13133 lol. I bet he does, but I wonder what is going to stop it aside from being able to select a mode that allows other to shoot you or not. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13135 Pip had a good suggestion. If you shoot another person in or around a town, you get a wanted level. People could hide in towns, until people left them alone. Report
August 28, 201016 yr comment_17391 Liars and cheats actually sounds pretty good, way better than the Legends and Killers pack, which was basically a glorified skin pack with "new" maps (areas of the already existing map to do multiplayer matches on). Still kind of crazy that they all cost $10 (L&K should have been less if this one is the same price and has all of those features), but multiplayer poker/liar's dice, and new hideouts would definitely get me back into RDR free roam if enough of us got it to posse up. Plus you might actually be able to play as someone cool from the story rather than a generic character like most of the skins.I might get it, but overall, I'll just hope they eventually put most of the DLCs in a Deal of the Week (like I'm hoping they'll eventually do with several new, $15 XBLA games lol.) or bundle of some sort (like the Gears of War 2 map pack bundles). Report
September 19, 201016 yr comment_19434 Apparently the Liars and Cheats DLC and the Free Roam DLC have been merged into one $10 DLC, and it comes out Tuesday. I'm definitely getting it. With the amount of content in it, it makes the Legends and Killers pack look pitiful.Anyone else getting it? I'd like to get into some more Red Dead free roam. Report
September 19, 201016 yr comment_19435 some lesbians borrowed my game so I won't be able to play for a while. Report
September 21, 201016 yr comment_19637 I got it today. Come one, someone else has to get it. Multiplayer poker is fun. I took everyone's money in a game with 4 players. Won with a pair of aces lol. GG, get your damn game back, you're the poker guy, right? Report
September 21, 201016 yr comment_19647 I got it today. Come one, someone else has to get it. Multiplayer poker is fun. I took everyone's money in a game with 4 players. Won with a pair of aces lol. GG, get your damn game back, you're the poker guy, right?All your ranting about typos and ocd and look at that! Report
September 21, 201016 yr comment_19651 All your ranting about typos and ocd and look at that!Bah. So you getting the DLC? Report
September 21, 201016 yr comment_19652 lol, I doubt it Kev. I'm so far behind on other games, I don't need to be buying DLC that's going to keep me occupied with RDR for hours. Report
September 21, 201016 yr Author comment_19658 I'll be getting it, Kevin. If I can rip myself away from Reach, I will have it within the next few days. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.