February 3, 201412 yr comment_82433 Looks like this is finally started. I got an email today saying I could start trying it out. I'm pretty excited. Going to try it out today. Report
February 3, 201412 yr Author comment_82444 So, I just wanted to do a quick update. I managed to get the streaming setup between my main computer and my dinky Zbox running Linux. I had a few hiccups, but did get Bioshock Infinite running at 1080p. I have to say, I'm pretty damn impressed so far. The quality was great, and the lag was only around 60ms ( I know this because the beta has an overlay with stats ) I want to give it a try with some more games, and also on my downstairs computer. It's a beefier CPU, but it only has Intel's built in HD 4000 graphics. So, I'm curious how well it works there. I don't really see myself using it much, but it will be perfect for my wife. Only downside, is I could see it requiring a pretty good computer to host the games if you want to play them remotely at 1080p. Bioshock was running pretty well at 60fps, but I also get around 120fps when I'm not streaming. Report
February 4, 201412 yr comment_82447 So that's why my Steam notifications were popping off like 8 times within a few minutes. lol Report
February 4, 201412 yr Author comment_82448 Yep, lol, I need to remember to turn off automatic login when I'm messing around with these things. I didn't have as much luck with Skyrim, but I didn't try too hard. Report
February 11, 201412 yr comment_82753 I'm loving it. At first I tried running through WIFI, but couldn't get a strong enough connection to run at 1080p without some lag. My first though was to wire every room in the house with ethernet cables. Not exactly a fun chore, but definitely doable. Then I came across these TP-Link Powerline Adapters. I was skeptical at first, but decided to try them anyways. Holy crap I'm impressed. You just plug them into your outlets and voila! Instant internet. Currently getting 30 down and 20 up in every room. Pretty much lag free streaming everywhere. Report
February 11, 201412 yr Author comment_82763 My first order of business when I bought my house was to wire it. Lot of work but worth the gigabit connection throughout. However, I have to agree about those power line adapters. I've installed them in a few people houses and they work really well. As for Steam Streaming, I haven't had time to use it much, but I am loving it so far. I've been wanting something like this for years. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.