Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Because I Haven't Made A Video Since The Holidays...

Featured Replies

  • Author

I think the delay is part of that method for streaming or something like that. I just know it's supposed to make it like the mobile/console apps because they are on that 30 second delay.

I got into it with a Twitch admin on Twitter today. He tried telling me that I and most everyone I know on twitch, have it wrong. That LoL tourneys and the like don't affect the general populations Twitch experience. It's BS in the grandest order. When chat starts to derp and streams start to have issues, I automatically check the games page to see which eSports game has 175K-200+k viewers. There is always one with that many viewers when things start to go bad on Twitch. Always. He got passive aggressive which always means to me, that he has no dog in the fight. Easier to try and make someone look silly then try and have a healthy debate.

 

Also, my iPad which uses wifi gets no buffering on Twitch. Was on it today with only two bars and it loaded in like a champ. On my PC, which has a direct connection to my modem, always fucking buffers and chat can sometimes take minutes to load.

The delay is because of the espots, they dont want stream snipers. So Twitch implemented a forced delay. What they should of done is made it an option so that the Mobas can turn their delays on while people who dont need/want delays can keep them off. 

The new system does indeed have a higher inherent latency than the previous system. This is a result of how the new system delivers and buffers data. At present, we observe latency ranging from 12-40 seconds in most cases.

 

Can the latency be lowered? Yes, there is room to lower latency, and we’ll continue to engineer ways to do so over the coming months.

 

http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/12/new-video-system-update-after-one-week-in-service/

 

The stream sniping thing was born in the comments section of the Twitch blog.

Good video Outsanity. 

 

This twitch delay fucking pisses me off. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to hold a conversation with your viewers, and have responses 30sec - 1min later. I've had people respond to shit, and not known what they were talking about because of the delay. Or people giving advice or trying to give directions, and I'm like "that happened a minute ago dude".

 

But yeah - we give twitch views, money, etc.. and this is a shitty way to repay us lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.